Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

Now they're saying there is evidence the virus has been circulating in the US since at least early December, at least 7 weeks before the first case was diagnosed in the US.  

And here we are forbidding people from attending their loved ones funerals because we're worried about spreading the virus.  IT'S ALREADY SPREAD!!!

We've shut down the entire country, put tens of millions of people out of work, devastated our health care system, wasted trillions of taxpayers dollars chasing a virus that's been ten steps ahead of us all along.  

Nearly half of all deaths in the US are in one state, New York and nearly one third of all deaths are in one city, NYC.  Most states are measuring their deaths in tens and hundreds.  Nearly nothing.  

What a boondoggle.

Edited by Black Dog
  • Like 1

Yup, Knew it was coming in December, blew it off as a hoax until mid March, which got us to where we are today.

So FEMA  is intercepting PPE orders that healthcare systems have already ordered, gives half to states that praise the president, then gives the other half to their crony venders to resell back to the systems at a large profit. They said that federal supplies do not belong to the states but to the federal government. Now i might be wrong but i thought the federal government was the UNITED  STATES of AMERICA.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Now they're saying there is evidence the virus has been circulating since at least early December, at least 7 weeks before the first case was diagnosed in the US.  

And here we are forbidding people from attending their loved ones funerals because we're worried about spreading the virus.  IT'S ALREADY SPREAD!!!

We've shut down the entire country, put tens of millions of people out of work, devastated our health care system, wasted trillions of taxpayers dollars chasing a virus that's been ten steps ahead of us all along.  

Nearly half of all deaths in the US are in one state, New York and nearly one third of all deaths are in one city, NYC.  Most states are measuring their deaths in tens and hundreds.  Nearly nothing.  

What a boondoggle.

I agree,we had very sick people here in December and January that had the same symptoms, myself included. Took me 6 weeks before I felt normal again. Never been so sick in my life.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I agree,we had very sick people here in December and January that had the same symptoms, myself included. Took me 6 weeks before I felt normal again. Never been so sick in my life.

Up until we recognized Covid-19, we just thought is was a slightly worse than normal Flu season.  Turns out it was probably Covid-19.  That's because overall it causes only mild illness.   It's more difficult to recognize a pattern of atypical illness like this in the middle of the cold/Flu season with so much other background illness going on.

Of course, it would have helped if the Chinese Government and the WHO had not lied to the world about it...

Edited by Black Dog
  • Like 1

I flew from California to Arkansas the weekend of January 27th for my Mom's funeral and got sick from my niece who was very sick and coughed all over everyone. When I got back home I had a fever and a strange dry cough that lasted weeks. The febrile illness lasted only 2-3 days. I tested positive for influenza A. I have thought about the possibility that it might have been the corona virus and it cross reacted, however at the time it was firmly believed that we were at low to zero risk unless we had traveled to Wuhan or was close to someone who had. I then flew to Fiji for my 60th birthday in mid February with a trace of a residual cough. I may haven typhoid Phillip for all I know. Hope not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Murph said:

It mostly kills older people with preexisting conditions. THEY should be staying home and isolating.

Everybody else should go back to work.

Thank you very much!  Basic principle in infectious disease control.  You quarantine the sick not the well.   Where did these people go to school?

• Like 1

I agree with the "if your sick stay home ". Unfortunately most cannot or will not stay home. As the President said we are not set up to shut down. 

The waitress making two dollars an hour plus tips can't afford to stay home. She has no health insurance so  no doctors visit.  Heads down to the local store and picks up over the counter stuff that only hides the symptoms then back to work.

The building trades have no paid sick leave. No work, no pay. Over the counter stuff and back to work.

Many others don't have paid sick leave. When they do it is only three to five days. After those are used up you lose your job. Unfortunately most companies use your sick leave usage against you.

Government workers. Go ahead, try to use more than three days in a row. I double dare ya! Again it's held against you and you will be punished.

I worked at a place ounce that rewarded you for not using sick  leave. Many do. There were two ladies in the office that made sure they got that check at the end of the year,no matter how sick they were. Over the counter stuff and back to work.

A school in the fall is just a big greenhouse for breeding  stuff like this. Can't afford childcare for a sick kid so over the counter stuff and off to school.

Being a compromised older fella, looks like i'm stuck in my house for the rest of my natural born life because sick people can't/won't stay home .  Since the wife is also stuck at home, it even makes it worse. The only time i'm allowed to unplug my headphones and crank the amp up to eleven is when she's gone! Speaking of the wife, She was kind enough to make me a mask for when i must go out for something. It's one of those sleeping masks that cover your eyes. She cut out little holes so i can see.  Yup, she loves me!

We are not set up for something like this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 new infections and no deaths (?) for Australia in the 24 hrs to 3pm yesterday. First state to resume after school holidays started this week so that may provide some indication of how our stay at home restrictions are working out though parents asked to keep kids home if they can for now at least.

• Like 1

I had my 6 month post-heart attack check up over the phone with the doctor today.

She agrees with my wife's speculation that we "may" have had COVID-19 last December; it wasn't the flu, the hospital ran a boatload of tests on me, said it was a virus and it took 3 weeks to shake it.  My wife wound up in the hospital as her lungs were filling up but she pulled through.  Whatever it was, it spread through the office in a matter of days and you just cough your brains out.

I will say that I haven't been quite the same since.  

As for central PA, my county is up to 371 cases, 3 deaths, the entire state is as 25,345 cases with 534 deaths.

Our lock down/social distancing bit is unofficially expected to last until August.

We won't be out of the woods for probably another year at the earliest.

• Like 1

My son has got it.  He lives in Boston and was working his regular job from home but was doing some renovations on his restaurant - while they're still doing takeout - when he got sick.  Prolly got sick running around doing that.  Hopefully he didn't get everybody at the restaurant sick.  He's in the hospital with no breathing difficulty, just a fever.  Might get sent home today to suffer it out, since he's not in imminent trouble and they need the beds. 

My parents are 93 and live in CT, where it's getting pretty bad.  My old man won't stay at home, goes to his office, goes to Home Depot to get a screw, that kind of stuff.  I give him a 50% chance of getting it.  He hasn't listened to anybody since he was my age.

• Like 1

Oh man Steve, just the thought of Spring Break sends shivers. Down here in Oz the borders to Queensland (our holiday state) are closed and have been for weeks - their Government said "we love you guys, but for this year you must not come here.." .

The US is our biggest trading partner...well it was... sending you huge best wishes to find a way to turn the tables soon.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 5:31 AM, Murph said:

It mostly kills older people with preexisting conditions. THEY should be staying home and isolating.

Everybody else should go back to work.

I went back to work today!  I helped Debbie clean and dust from all the mess they made after remodeling the kitchen LOL.  Plenty of places she couldn't reach. Just felt good doing something Haha.  Cases here now? Neb. Dept of Health Services reported 901 cases as of April 15, with 20 deaths here. 30 more cases than the day before so now Neb. they said moved to 43rd on the list in order of most in the US. That's still not bad considering what the majority of the states numbers are. 

We'll get through it although it's going to be a really strange year.

The biggest thing working against us, here in the US, is that it's going from a straight health issue to a political issue (witness the morons in Michigan demonstrating against a lock down yesterday) and a young versus old schism.  Kind of hard to stop the spread of this when people won't do what is for the common good.  

As for me, I'll hunker down and wash my hands a lot as the case numbers are still rising all around me.