Gibson Brands Forums

Young by the fire, , , with a cherry G.....

E-minor7

Thanks for the link, Em7!

Fantastic!

Ibanez in black at the beginning and an Gibson LG1 for the rest...

Speaking of old timers, I watched Ole, Ole, Rolling Stones last night.....more fabulousness! The Rollingas come out of the woodwork in Argentina.

Here is a tune unplugged from Mick and Keef in the dressing room :

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, E-minor7 said:

Ouhh, , , 1 not 2 ? - I just automatically assumed  he would choose the X- not latter-braced version.  
You may know better. . 

Very low light in the footage but I couldn’t see the internal brace through the middle that you see in LG2/3s.

And the strings on both Ibanez and Gibson sounded like the ones they were born with!

But the whole production was just cool for the non coolness. My opinion.

BluesKing777.

I know this is a Gibson site but I thought I would share this lifetime classic,  Im not a brand loyalist more a tone addict. And all brands have THAT tone for me, I just have to find them.

Im sure most people have seen this video but this one seem to stand the test of time along with the other posted videos, thanks Ive really enjoyed listen to original works by some of the fine players here, and its fun to see and hear some of the old classics, for me.  I think our own music has been influenced by a lot of those great old songs,  Again thanks for the music,  now I need to return to my search for that special tune. Cheers and I hope you all stay safe and keep on picking , All of this is IMHO.

1 hour ago, ratherbwalkn said:

I know this is a Gibson site but I thought I would share this lifetime classic,  Im not a brand loyalist more a tone addict. And all brands have THAT tone for me, I just have to find them.

Im sure most people have seen this video but this one seem to stand the test of time along with the other posted videos, thanks Ive really enjoyed listen to original works by some of the fine players here, and its fun to see and hear some of the old classics, for me.  I think our own music has been influenced by a lot of those great old songs,  Again thanks for the music,  now I need to return to my search for that special tune. Cheers and I hope you all stay safe and keep on picking , All of this is IMHO.

I love that video, but would much rather hear that D-28 mic'd directly than through that really quacky pickup. Obviously not so easy with a big string section, but the guitar isn't that critical in those sections of the song in any case.

That looks like a huge flatpick that Page is using here.

6 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

Very low light in the footage but I couldn’t see the internal brace through the middle that you see in LG2/3s.

And the strings on both Ibanez and Gibson sounded like the ones they were born with!

But the whole production was just cool for the non coolness. My opinion.

Yes, it's a very intimate almost private scene.  And that stative ain't seen every day. . 

3 hours ago, livemusic said:

I suppose I should salute quirky.

👌🏼 -  you just were invited home for a cup  of instant coffee with a brandy on the side.  

. . . . . . Seeing the macro in micro will allow us to see micro in macro

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rosinante said:

He updated his website and says the Gibson is a J45 he bought off craigslist.  I love the Fireside sessions...waiting for number 3

I  hate to tell Neil this, but if someone sold him that guitar as a J-45,  I think he's been had.

5 hours ago, j45nick said:

I  hate to tell Neil this, but if someone sold him that guitar as a J-45,  I think he's been had.

Then I'll say OUCH for him - and then remind us that he actually had a discrete and unplayed J-45 under the clazzic BBC-session just after his big break. 

That's looong time ago so he could have forgotten and lost G-overvue.  Never seen him with 1 single slope Gibson during all these years.  He might need to lurk here. 

9 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Then I'll say OUCH for him - and then remind us that he actually had a discrete and unplayed J-45 under the clazzic BBC-session just after his big break. 

That's looong time ago so he could have forgotten and lost G-overvue.  Never seen him with 1 single slope Gibson during all these years.  He might need to lurk here. 

The Gibson he is playing there is probably a B-25, and someone(Neil?) conflated B-25 and J-45. There's plenty of folks who think every Gibson is a J-45, and every Martin is  D-28.

1 hour ago, j45nick said:

The Gibson he is playing there is probably a B-25, and someone(Neil?) conflated B-25 and J-45. There's plenty of folks who think every Gibson is a J-45, and every Martin is  D-28.

You mean in the BBC show ?

4 hours ago, j45nick said:

The Gibson he is playing there is probably a B-25, and someone(Neil?) conflated B-25 and J-45. 

Now there's a bit of confusion on the line.  Wasn't the B-25 the same as the LG-2, only with a new name. 

As falcon-eyed BK777 noticed on March 22, the new Neil-guitar hasn't got the mid-seem-brace, which would make it an LG-1. 

Into a little sherlocking here 🔎 - not because of the times, , , but because of the place.  

14 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Now there's a bit of confusion on the line.  Wasn't the B-25 the same as the LG-2, only with a new name. 

As falcon-eyed BK777 noticed on March 22, the new Neil-guitar hasn't got the mid-seem-brace, which would make it an LG-1. 

Into a little sherlocking here 🔎 - not because of the times, , , but because of the place.  

Fair enough.