Gibson Brands Forums

Image hosting site?

ksdaddy

I used Photobucket for years, and then they got weird so I switched to Tinypic. Then THEY went completely bat ____, and Photobucket started charging. 

I’d like to find a basic hosting service. Not crazy amounts of storage, just somewhere to upload pics to be used on forums. I wouldn’t mind paying for it if it meant no pop ups while I was using it. 

Suggestions?

if you can stand it,  you can use a facebook account.  I just upload photos so they are only visible to me.  then I can post them here.  Facbook is free.. so there is that.  you don't have to participate in the nonsense, you can keep a pretty low profile there..  which is what I do..  

it's all in how you use it...

Yeah, whiteout. I slowed down, a lot. Maybe barely moving. The Lincoln Navigator behind me didn't see me. Technically it was "their fault" but in that spot, on that day, there was NO seeing what was in front of you. Which is exactly why I slowed down in the first place. I was trying to avoid hitting something that may or may not have been in front of me.

I bought that 2010 Impala 5 years ago this month, 107,000 miles, $6000. I beat the snot out of it. It now has 190,000 miles and there were no signs of aging. It was the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned many.  The silver 2016 is the last of the 'old style' Impalas and only has 32,000 miles. My round trip to work is only 24 miles now, instead of the 110 before, so this Impala will likely last me a long time.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:12 AM, Twang Gang said:

I too have been using Imgr for the past couple years.  Free, few ads, easy to use.

Plus Imgur has a pretty cool user community. I don't post my images as Public but I enjoy browsing the site. Have the app on my phone for entertainment during free time at work. 

I was willing to keep on driving it but I was advised that it might not be a good idea to be driving a car that has been deemed “totaled”. At least from a legal standpoint.  If I got into another accident driving THIS one, the lawyers would have a feeding frenzy.