Gibson Brands Forums

Cost Of Progress, Original.

kidblast

I don't drop videos here much, but one of my buds runs an open mic, and with the social distancing going on right now, he ran an online open mic last Thursday night, and asked if I had any songs to share.

I participated with this one.  A song about life in these small towns we call home.   Video was captured with my EOS 77D which really did a pretty impressive job. 

(On a more personal note this was recorded last Wednesday, just a few hours before a fire broke out at midnight Friday morning and nearly destroyed our home.  That tale  is posted in the lounge if any one hasn't seen it yet, I know some of you have and thank you for your thoughts and words.  Like John Lennon said, Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans, man aint that the truth)

anyways,  ..

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 2

when a J200 comes out, you know something serious is going to happen...heard somewhere.  Great song Ray, thank you for posting, and very sorry for your trials.    The song sounds good, It all sounds good but I really like it when you get to strumming the beast, even with just a little strumming it really seems to come to life!

First of all, Ray, I’m terribly sorry to hear about the fire in your home.  I’m glad everyone is safe.  I can’t begin to imagine the mental devastation that goes with this tragedy.  God bless all of you.  Your daughter probably feels really bad.  Help her out.  Praying for you and yours.

You and the guitar sound very good.  Really good audio and video.  The lyrics are super cool.  Those who have too little now have less—-awesome line.  Sums-up everything.  This song is a real “slice of life.”  I love this kind of stuff, especially the parts about Rosie and the vet.............Indeed, life happens.  I suspect that somewhere down the line and when your ready, you might get the urge to write a song about the fire.  You’ll probably need to do it and your daughter will probably need to hear it.  I wish you a very quick recovery from this dark time.

Thanks guys for listening, comments and feed back and  thoughts.  It's appreciated.   You guys really do make this place one of the best forums to belong to.

hey Larry, you're right! she feels horrible.  But we're working through this together, and we'll come out the other side just fine.

as for a song,  I probably will,  it may be a while before I can distance myself from the trauma, but some day, it has to be written I guess.  One thing is for sure, this is a night a person never forgets. 

The crazy thing is, about 6 months ago, my wife's brother lived in a 22 unit condo that burned to the ground, (it was intentional too, jackass was making bombs and was going to light the place up,,  he was in the process of being evicted by the board.) 

And now the second time in less than one year, that our family has been involved in something like this.  What are the odds right?

Thankfully we did not loose every, Dan and his wife Mary did.  But we see where they are today and things are better for them now than ever.  So we have a silver lining to look for.. so we're going with that t lead us forward.

Kidblast-I enjoyed your singing, song , and the video!  Nice pickin’, too!

I don’t keep up with the Lounge posts, but I just went in there and read your post w/ details of your fire.  Thank God no one was hurt!  Nor, your guitars.

Take care and keep pickin’.  And, thanks for sharing your music and story with us here on the forum.  Your forum friends.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Nice. And I think we can all relate. 

As one who's had a close call with fire, it's amazing how fast it can go from oops to heartbreak. Just glad you and yours are safe.

Doubtful that you ever struggle with anxiety on stage, but if you do, just bring that beautiful guitar- it will capture all eyes.  Thanks for sharing.

11 hours ago, Buc McMaster said:

Well done on all fronts, sir!  Two fine instruments on display there............

An on-line open mic?  What a concept!  Was it a live streaming kind of thing with interaction between players?

thx Buc!!  My friend sent out messengers to a bunch of people to record and send him vidoes,  they they edited them, put them all together and live streamed it from facebook. there was dozens of submissions by a lot of local players,  it as nice.

11 hours ago, 62burst said:

Nice. And I think we can all relate. 

As one who's had a close call with fire, it's amazing how fast it can go from oops to heartbreak. Just glad you and yours are safe.

Doubtful that you ever struggle with anxiety on stage, but if you do, just bring that beautiful guitar- it will capture all eyes.  Thanks for sharing.

you know it, things happened real fast..  we were so lucky the Fire crews arrived so fast.   don't really get stage fright any more,  long time ago, I used to get a little worked up, but I think we all can relate to that at some point.

28 minutes ago, Murph said:

Man, that was great!

Well done, old boy.

thanks bud!

appreciate all the feedback and comments, u guys are the best..

Edited by kidblast