Gibson Brands Forums

2020 Census...

Murph

The envelope has been sitting on my desk a few days. Haven't opened it yet. It's too thin.  I bet they want me to do it on line. I think the last time I made them send me the paper one. The Post Office needs the work these day, it's helping create jobs. Plus, it forces them to file it somewhere physical, or upload it themselves.

I'm cool with the numbers and stuff, but I swear the last one asked about stupid stuff like toilets, and private stuff like money.

I haven't opened it yet...

I did it online.  No big deal.  They just want to know names and a little basic info.  I remember ignoring the last one 'cause it had a bunch of BS questions.  I figured I'd do it this time so we can get all that cash - or whatever you get - coming our way, lol.

2 hours ago, Murph said:

The envelope has been sitting on my desk a few days. Haven't opened it yet. It's too thin.  I bet they want me to do it on line. I think the last time I made them send me the paper one. The Post Office needs the work these day, it's helping create jobs. Plus, it forces them to file it somewhere physical, or upload it themselves.

I'm cool with the numbers and stuff, but I swear the last one asked about stupid stuff like toilets, and private stuff like money.

I haven't opened it yet...

The timing of this is unfortunate because on one hand people have bigger things on their minds right now,  but on the other, they also have nothing better to do. It'll be interesting to see the results.

The card in the mail provides you with a code. just go to the gov website and enter that code. It takes 5 minutes and about the only personal thing it asks about is gender and race. I think I remember only 2 options for gender. :-k

On 4/2/2020 at 10:53 AM, saturn said:

The card in the mail provides you with a code. just go to the gov website and enter that code. It takes 5 minutes and about the only personal thing it asks about is gender and race. I think I remember only 2 options for gender. :-k

On 4/2/2020 at 7:56 AM, badbluesplayer said:

I did it online.  No big deal.  They just want to know names and a little basic info.  I remember ignoring the last one 'cause it had a bunch of BS questions.  I figured I'd do it this time so we can get all that cash - or whatever you get - coming our way, lol.

Same here.  On-line, no questions about income, or how many toilets in the house, five minutes max.  Really, Murph, just do it, if only to get it over with.

I did ours online a couple of days ago.  Only took a few minutes.  And it seemed a lot less invasive than the last one.

If you don’t complete it, you run the risk of having a Census worker showing up at your door to do it in person.

9 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

I did ours online a couple of days ago.  Only took a few minutes.  And it seemed a lot less invasive than the last one.

If you don’t complete it, you run the risk of having a Census worker showing up at your door to do it in person.

My Catahoula loves it when strangers stop by...

5 minutes ago, kidblast said:

it only takes a few minutes Murph, 

I'll get it done this weekend, I'm working today, 6 days this week. I'm more expendable than essential. 

I just remember the last one a few years ago, it wasn't the ten year one, and it was invasive as heck. I don't get it when the census asks about money numbers, the Gov. already has that information.

I'm a rebel...

On 4/2/2020 at 7:39 AM, Larsongs said:

I'm so skeptical of phony scam solicitations in the Mail or Online that I haven't opened it.. How do you know when it's not a Scam?

If your on  the www.2020census.gov  website, then it is not a scam.

The thing is that if you don't  respond, then they kill you with repeat mailings and THEN start coming to your door.  No thank you -- fill it out on line, and just be done (for me anyway).

Edited by 01GT eibach

10 hours ago, Murph said:

I'll get it done this weekend, I'm working today, 6 days this week. I'm more expendable than essential. 

I just remember the last one a few years ago, it wasn't the ten year one, and it was invasive as heck. I don't get it when the census asks about money numbers, the Gov. already has that information.

I'm a rebel...

I'm totally with ya,  I just did it to avoid more BS.  They remove ya from the voting registries if you don't comply.

it's ridiculous really,  we all know why they are doing this,  but I don't want to get political..so...  nuff said.

59 minutes ago, rct said:

I'll fill it out.  All lies.  fukkem.

rct

They can burn you for giving false info. But the Corona deal really shut down their knocking on people's doors.

And the American Community Survey asks your adjusted gross income, your name ("but it's annonymous"), where you work, when do you leave and return from work, the names/ages of yourself, and all others in the household, and everyone's phone number.

Law on the books allowing for an up-to $5k fine for not complying, though there has not been a penalization for it since 1970.  A congressman, Poe, from Texas, challenged the fine, and won his case successfully in 2015 & 2016, I think it was.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, saturn said:

Was Bruce or Caitlyn Jenner a gender option?