Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DET1973

Help me identify this Guitar

Most 2014 models should have a 120th anniversary banner on the 12th inlay 

Edited by Eades

That truss-rod cover is a bit concerning too, right?   I don't remember Gibson ever doing that.  But maybe the original owner changed it out for an aftermarket?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 01GT eibach said:

That truss-rod cover is a bit concerning too, right?   I don't remember Gibson ever doing that.  But maybe the original owner changed it out for an aftermarket?

I think a few of the parts have been changed. I was mostly concerned about the Bridge. Is it ABR OR Nashville? 

1 hour ago, Big Bill said:

I would avoid.

The Serial Number is Legit. It’s now more about figuring out which Model This is. 

On 4/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, Eades said:

Most 2014 models should have a 120th anniversary banner on the 12th inlay 

Not all.  Should be pretty simple:  Call or write Gibson with s/n.  They can tell you exactly what it is. 

22 minutes ago, Wmachine said:

Not all.  Should be pretty simple:  Call or write Gibson with s/n.  They can tell you exactly what it is. 

I think they are at home Tele-making guitars.

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think they are at home Tele-making guitars.

Could be.  Maybe they'll just send it to you in pieces parts, and let you assemble it.

It is in Fact Legit. I Spoke to Gibson Customer service at length this morning. It was part of a Run they did for GC. The Tuners are not original, The Pickguard is not original The Pickup Covers are not Original & The Truss Rod Cover has Stickers on it. I'll Replace all of that and put it back to stock. I got a GREAT Deal on it & should be delivered to my Job Next Week. 

I have seen those truss rod covers before. I once saw one very similar guitar. I can't remember the name, but it is definitely not very common, but it is an original truss rod cover as far as I know.