Gibson Brands Forums

Optimism...

Murph

On 4/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, Cougar said:

Thanks.  It really is.  Especially the view....

hop880-2.jpg

I think when all this is over and done with, we have field trips to cougar's house - and do a 'daryl's house' type of jam session / video, except it would be 'cougar's house' - so it would be cooler.

btw - where is that if you don't mind me asking.

Edited by uncle fester

On 4/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, Cougar said:

We had to postpone our move to our "cabin" in the woods.  I'm optimistic about next month though!

trp438.jpg

I am a member of a classic motorcycle forum and a lot of us more fortunate members contributed funds to our Australian members after they lost everything in those terrible fires. 

You have a lovely cabin in a idyllic setting but I would be terrified of a fire starting.

Edited by RoyC

Illinois SAYS it's extending the lockdown, however the State is allowing more and more things to open, which is a good thing.

State parks will open, greenhouses, nursery's, elective surgeries, garden centers, animal grooming.

Rock and Roll....

More reason for optimism, Murph  - although here in San Antonio, you can face 6 months in jail for not wearing a mask - in the 5 days since implemented, while nearly 3,000 good citizens have dropped a dime on their neighbors - police have only issued 28 citations.   Even more encouraging .... California is moving to give Emergency Funding to a large group of their population - Undocumented Voters/Aliens.  They will give millions out to local non-profits to pass out to people who can somehow prove they are not documented.   This is to ensure there is no risk of these folks being identified.   Unlike those who don't wear masks here.  

41 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Sorry it's a movement that probably only exists in the US.   We have people here that think you are better off without any vaccines than you are with them. 

I'm from the US. And I've heard of the movement. 

But I've never heard the term anti-vax

34 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Sorry it's a movement that probably only exists in the US.   We have people here that think you are better off without any vaccines than you are with them. 

It's a movement that's alive and well over here in Europe as well ä. That is, when it's not in an ICU. 

Well, if there was a vax for Covid 19 I would get it.

I tend to keep away from the doctors (and it's free in the UK) .

I haven't had my anti flu jab for four years, mainly because I can't be bothered to go rather than anti.

4 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

More reason for optimism, Murph  - although here in San Antonio, you can face 6 months in jail for not wearing a mask - in the 5 days since implemented, while nearly 3,000 good citizens have dropped a dime on their neighbors - police have only issued 28 citations.   Even more encouraging .... California is moving to give Emergency Funding to a large group of their population - Undocumented Voters/Aliens.  They will give millions out to local non-profits to pass out to people who can somehow prove they are not documented.   This is to ensure there is no risk of these folks being identified.   Unlike those who don't wear masks here.  

So the cops not only have to go on domestic violence calls, drug OD calls, shooting , rapings, murders, and any other situation you can think of, and now to pile it on they have to be the mask police too.

They guy who robbed the store. He had a mask on and stayed 6 feet away. I had to hand him the money in the bag on a 6 foot pole. The guy who didn't rob the store had one on too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 minutes ago, RoyC said:

Well, if there was a vax for Covid 19 I would get it.

I tend to keep away from the doctors (and it's free in the UK) .

I haven't had my anti flu jab for four years, mainly because I can't be bothered to go rather than anti.

Is it really free? No taxes over in the UK. Someone is paying the doc's salary and for the scripts, ect.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it really free? No taxes over in the UK. Someone is paying the doc's salary and for the scripts, ect.

Over 60s FREE medical and prescriptions.

I no longer pay taxes.  😁

3 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Here, let me Google that for you. 

Screenshot_20200424-121654.png

You know, just because you haven't heard a term that SOME are using doesn't necessarily mean you are stupid. 

But thanks for implying that I am. 

Especially with the post after this one. 

17 hours ago, Cougar said:

I had the flu several years ago.  Man, it was AWFUL.  I mean REALLY BAD.  I've gotten a flu shot every year since without fail!  And a pneumonia shot and a shingles shot (well, not every year for those).  All we need now is a coronavirus shot!

Is the swine flu still doing the rounds? 

That one was... not fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

Is the swine flu still doing the rounds? 

That one was... not fun. 

Yep, it's still around.  It has mutated a little but it's still basically the same virus.  It has also been included in all Flu vaccines since '09.  Due to a combination of herd immunity through infection and vaccination, it doesn't cause anywhere near the problem it did when it first popped up.  The problem with that virus was that the human population had not been exposed to anything like it for a long time.  Many older people had been exposed to genetically similar Influenza when they were young so they were not getting that sick from it.  Kids and younger adults, on the other hand, got very sick and did have higher mortality.

Edited by Black Dog

On 4/24/2020 at 8:00 AM, fortyearspickn said:

.... California is moving to give Emergency Funding to a large group of their population - Undocumented Voters/Aliens.  

And then they want a bailout from the Federal Gov. because they're broke...

At least Illinois is broke because of Union pensions....

• Like 1

Went to a Subway yesterday to support them. They just re-opened.

Walked in to order, but no seating allowed yet, which is stupid, there was nobody else in there. We would have been social distancing just fine.

Ya gotta wonder who's in charge of this lunacy...

• Like 3

On 4/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, Cougar said:

We had to postpone our move to our "cabin" in the woods.  I'm optimistic about next month though!

trp438.jpg

I'm jealous. Here in the UK you'd have to have £20 m to live like that. We live on top of each other.......Is that Bigfoot behind that tree?

I agree, Murph!  What the hell is going on?  I'm not big on conspiracies, but every day or two something comes-out that totally contradicts the "end of the world" scenario that the news media constantly preaches.  We've already been told that the mortalilty models used to literally close down this country and the rest of the world were very wrong.  And now we're being told that tens-of-millions more people have already had it or been in contact with it, but no one knew it because they didn't get sick enough to go to a hospital or even a doctor.  Yet, we are still on lockdown and the news media is slaughtering the states that are slowly re-opening.  Something stinks..............

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

the news media is slaughtering the states that are slowly re-opening.  

The News media doesn't ever want this to end. They want us cowering in fear (which some people are) and begging the Government for help.

Which some people are.

As for me, I haven't missed a day of work and actually have some side hustle's going on. It's like it always is. If you want to work.....

14 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I agree, Murph!  What the hell is going on?  I'm not big on conspiracies, but every day or two something comes-out that totally contradicts the "end of the world" scenario that the news media constantly preaches.  We've already been told that the mortalilty models used to literally close down this country and the rest of the world were very wrong.  And now we're being told that tens-of-millions more people have already had it or been in contact with it, but no one knew it because they didn't get sick enough to go to a hospital or even a doctor.  Yet, we are still on lockdown and the news media is slaughtering the states that are slowly re-opening.  Something stinks..............

The American College of Surgeons called on its members to CANCEL all 'elective surgeries'.  Elective is defined as any that are not emergency. Cancer, Organ Transplants - all cancelled and backlogged. So, if you had stage 3 cancer - they would tell you to get chemo or radiation, and get in line for when they re-open.   This has been widely reported, but criminally  has not been highlighted in the news.  I would have to assume more people will die from the withholding of life-saving surgery, than have died from CoronaVirus.   And, except for Elmhurst Hospital in NYC (which could have triaged patients to other hospitals in NYC or the USNS Comfort) I've not heard of any hospitals being filled. Half-filled at best.   "Medicare For All"  doesn't sound quite so appealing anymore. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Murph said:

The News media doesn't ever want this to end. They want us cowering in fear (which some people are) and begging the Government for help.

Which some people are.

As for me, I haven't missed a day of work and actually have some side hustle's going on. It's like it always is. If you want to work.....

The news media are jackals at best. Do not give them your money. 

• Like 1