Gibson Brands Forums

Optimism...

Murph

On 4/26/2020 at 10:36 AM, Murph said:

Went to a Subway yesterday to support them. They just re-opened.

Walked in to order, but no seating allowed yet, which is stupid, there was nobody else in there. We would have been social distancing just fine.

Ya gotta wonder who's in charge of this lunacy...

The orange bozo with a rug on his head who lives in this pretentious large white house at 1600 Penn Ave.

"Yer Quarantined"

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

48 minutes ago, Cougar said:

Man, I don't know what "news media" you guys are talking about.   And who do you suggest listening to instead?  Surely not what's-his-name.  As far as I know, the mainstream media is for the most part factually based (with the demonstrable exception of Fox).  And I think it's important to have an idea of what's going on.  With the ongoing PANDEMIC and the death toll continuing to climb, the news is certainly upsetting, but I don't think blaming the messenger helps at all.

there's no hope for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a cute video and a great example of the fake news.  They say that the President "suggested using disinfectants internally" and that light would kill the virus inside you.

Actually he never suggested anything.  He posed a question.  That's not the same thing.  It's a lie.

As for the UV light, medical experts are conducting studies with endotracheal UV light, "inside the body".   Lie again.

You say that Fox is demonstrably not fact based and that no other main stream news is.  That statement is demonstrably false.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cougar said:

Well, I can see there's no hope for you either.  What flavor kool-aid did you get?

What did I say that was not true?   I point out your false statements and suggestions and you respond that I drink kool-aid?

4 hours ago, Cougar said:

Actually, that's a false straw man.  The reports I've seen (including the BBC) simply reported what was said, often reporting that disinfectant companies are adding that the things he is "questioning" would be really bad ideas.  Other reports expressed fears that some Americans might act on Trump's "questions," and obviously cause harm, like that guy who died from hydrochroroquine after Trump (with a massive campaign by Fox) to suggest that that malaria medication was looking to be a "game changer," which turned out to be misleading, at best.

Who died from hydroxychloroquine because of Trump?  I haven't seen that anywhere and Google comes up negative.  Do you have a source?

And it's not a straw man.  The reports were all over the news.  They still are.  You claim you didn't see them, I doubt it.

Edited by Black Dog

6 hours ago, Cougar said:

Man, I don't know what "news media" you guys are talking about.   And who do you suggest listening to instead?  Surely not what's-his-name.  As far as I know, the mainstream media is for the most part factually based (with the demonstrable exception of Fox).  And I think it's important to have an idea of what's going on.  With the ongoing PANDEMIC and the death toll continuing to climb, the news is certainly upsetting, but I don't think blaming the messenger helps at all.

I got my info this morning from a CBS article.  It clearly noted that the American College of Surgeons told surgeons not to do procedures which, prior to Feb.1st were recognized as Life Saving procedures.  Suddenly - having empty beds in all our hospitals - just in case- was more important than saving lives.  Even if you hate Fox - you can find information like this, if you try. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cougar said:

Actually, that's a false straw man.  The reports I've seen (including the BBC) simply reported what was said, often reporting that disinfectant companies are adding that the things he is "questioning" would be really bad ideas.  Other reports expressed fears that some Americans might act on Trump's "questions," and obviously cause harm, like that guy who died from hydrochroroquine after Trump (with a massive campaign by Fox) to suggest that that malaria medication was looking to be a "game changer," which turned out to be misleading, at best.

The man who died (his wife was hospitalized)  drank  Aquarium Cleaner.   He did not take the medicine Trump was reporting might be found, after further study, to be effective.  He drank Aquarium Cleaner.  Because the ingredients, his wife claimed and the media reported, included hydroxychloroquine.   Most people believe in personal accountability. Some people, many in the media believe in the opposite.  I would blame his wife before Trump.  In fact, I'd check into the husband's life insurance policy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cougar said:

This is apparently why politics is not a recommended topic for this Gibson discussion group.  How do you like this 2018 Songwriter Limited Edition 12-string I scored a few months ago?

son513-2.jpg

You're funny.  After all the cheap shots, insults and BS you post, you get called out, then you wanna kumbaya over a pretty guitar pic?  Why can't you just be polite?  I'll discuss anything with anyone.  It's when people get nasty that you have problems.  

Edited by Black Dog
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

The man who died (his wife was hospitalized)  drank  Aquarium Cleaner.   He did not take the medicine Trump was reporting might be found, after further study, to be effective.  He drank Aquarium Cleaner.  Because the ingredients, his wife claimed and the media reported, included hydroxychloroquine.   Most people believe in personal accountability. Some people, many in the media believe in the opposite.  I would blame his wife before Trump.  In fact, I'd check into the husband's life insurance policy. 

I think if you drink aquarium cleaner, COVID-19 is probably the least of your problems. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Hey.

This is the Optimism thread.

Beaches are getting packed. Stores are opening. Restaurants are opening.

We're not afraid anymore.

Rock and Roll !

That's true.  And as each day goes by with numbers falling the governors won't be able to keep a lid on it.  The momentum will grow and we'll get back to normal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Hey.

This is the Optimism thread.

Beaches are getting packed. Stores are opening. Restaurants are opening.

We're not afraid anymore.

Rock and Roll !

No people are still loosing their minds. The last time I wore a mask I was 11 years old on Oct 31 pretending to be a something else knocking on peoples doors for candy. Today its common for a lot of people to wear them just go the store. We got a ways to go.

I was enjoying the dog and cat fight. Usually its me being a d-head. Good to know its not just me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was enjoying the dog and cat fight. Usually its me being a d-head. Good to know its not just me.

Nah. You just have a sense of humor. 

Just to stoke the fire, I'll say that Black Dog, as a physician himself, doesn't need to pick any one media outlet to "listen to". 

And I'll reiterate that I think that guy from RATM is a prat, and raise with that I think Ted Nugent is funny. 

Thank you. 

• Like 2

Yeah, the last time I wore a mask, I  was looking for candy - not toilet paper.   Up until February, the only people who hid in their homes and wore masks when they came out were criminals. Now it seems the governors want it to be reversed. 

15 hours ago, Cougar said:

This is apparently why politics is not a recommended topic for this Gibson discussion group.  How do you like this 2018 Songwriter Limited Edition 12-string I scored a few months ago?

son513-2.jpg

Pretty cool cougar 

I'm glad things are startng to open-up.  That means music stores and coffee houses are on the way too.  If someone wants to wear a mask or even stay home, I'm all for them.  But I'm going-out and enjoying things.  I'm already around people at stores who are within the 6-foot range....and who enforces it anyway?    Try going to Wal Mart or a grocery store.  .........I simply don't believe  a news media that only reports the negative and has an agenda of hating one man, no matter what he does.  Every single day, it attacks him.  They don't even stop for 24hrs.  It's every single day.  Everything is wrong if he says it or does it......I'm for my country, my president (whatever party he happens to be), my family, my friends.....and Gibson guitars.  Guitars are a big part of my life situation.  They soothe a lot of trouble spots.  Sadly, they can't make haters stop hating.  But, guitars work for me, because I don't hate.  I can disagree with someone and not hate them.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I'm glad things are startng to open-up.  That means music stores and coffee houses are on the way too.  If someone wants to wear a mask or even stay home, I'm all for them.  But I'm going-out and enjoying things.  I'm already around people at stores who are within the 6-foot range....and who enforces it anyway?    Try going to Wal Mart or a grocery store.  .........

I wonder why USA has more cases of covid 19 than any other country.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 5:50 PM, fortyearspickn said:

It looks like you were on the right track about this one:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/police-investigating-death-of-man-who-ingested-fish-tank-cleaner-the-media-used-the-story-to-bash-trump

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

You just can't make this stuff up.       Well,   THEY  can apparently.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cougar said:

That's the media where you get your news?  The Blaze?  LOL!

"The Blaze reports news with a far right bias... Story selection almost always favors the right on The Blaze and there is a heavy Christian bias as well.... A factual search reveals two failed fact checks directly attributed to The Blaze, here and here. However, the founder of The Blaze, Glenn Beck, has an abysmal track record with 6 Pants on Fire claims from Politifact alone.

Founded by Glenn Beck, American conservative political commentator, radio host, television producer, and conspiracy theorist.

You guys are really something.  Regarding the fish tank story, you forgot (?) to mention that the fish tank cleaner they injested contained chloroquine phosphate, and that the wife said she and her husband ingested the cleaner because Trump praised chloroquine.  Clearly, they would not have taken this stuff, and the husband would not have died, if it wasn't for Trump making reckless claims about chloroquine, which we can now see turned out to be nonsense, even the correct medication.

How anyone can continue to support the felon in the white house is beyond me.  I don't think I have to list the daily outrages he pummels the nation with.

I'm outa here.

I didn't forget anything.  It says right in the story what the wife's claim was.  It also says that the police are investigating it as a homicide.  You can go sooth yourself by watching anti-trump videos on youtube.