Gibson Brands Forums

Albums you haven't heard in a while that are great.

Tman

47 minutes ago, G Mac said:

How about Enigmatic Ocean by Jean Luc Ponty and The Nightfly by Donald Fagen? Also, Headhunters by Herbie Hancock!

👍I own all those in some form or another.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pacific Reef said:

Feats Don't Fail Me Now - Little Feat

Lowell George the man who used a Craftsman 11/16 socket wrench  for a slide. 13 mm if in Europe. F- E- A- T !

https://guitarsandthings.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/lowell-george-tuning-and-style/

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Pinch said:

The last hurrah. John Christ is highly underrated. 

The first 2 Danzig albums I like. After that not so much. He just put an Elivs cover album. Oh the horror.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 5/20/2020 at 8:15 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

The first 2 Danzig albums I like. After that not so much. He just put an Elivs cover album. Oh the horror.

The first two are the best IMO. The third and fourth have their moments. But the first two are stellar. 

Then it went downhill fast. 

56 minutes ago, Pinch said:

The first two are the best IMO. The third and fourth have their moments. But the first two are stellar. 

Then it went downhill fast. 

He seems like a caricature of himself. I love London Dungeon. I have Earth AD on vinyl. If you got Walk Among Us, you got pretty much their greatest hits cuz that album is rock solid in the horror rock genra.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He seems like a caricature of himself. I love London Dungeon. I have Earth AD on vinyl. If you got Walk Among Us, you got pretty much their greatest hits cuz that album is rock solid in the horror rock genra.

For those who don't want to chase down the vinyls, there's the box set on CD with all the songs that have Danzig on vocals. I listened through every song at work the other day, it had been quite a while. It's pretty amazing what he did with three chords - all those great vocal melodies.

Agreed, "Walk among us" is a good first listen for anyone interested. Rock solid, and if you like that one, there's lots more where it came from. 

5 minutes ago, Pinch said:

For those who don't want to chase down the vinyls, there's the box set on CD with all the songs that have Danzig on vocals. I listened through every song at work the other day, it had been quite a while. It's pretty amazing what he did with three chords - all those great vocal melodies.

Agreed, "Walk among us" is a good first listen for anyone interested. Rock solid, and if you like that one, there's lots more where it came from. 

I think I have most of the 'Fits stuff with Danzig that I've downloaded on the big box set. I'm gonna rock Walk next time I go on a drive.

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think I have most of the 'Fits stuff with Danzig that I've downloaded on the big box set. I'm gonna rock Walk next time I go on a drive.

Bring the "Evilive" songs, but omit I-for get-which-one where he goes, "one more fxxking time, you axxholes - DIE" in between verses. It's not road-safe. I'd forgotten about that quip, and laughed out loud. 

As you probably know, Glenn's speaking voice and his giggle in particular isn't as macho as he'd like it to be, but he's so in the zone that it sounds like someone else. Maybe it is, I dunno. It's funny all the same. The OTT lyrics and then that on top. 

Edited by Pinch

44 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Bring the "Evilive" songs, but omit I-for get-which-one where he goes, "one more fxxking time, you axxholes - DIE" in between verses. It's not road-safe. I'd forgotten about that quip, and laughed out loud. 

As you probably know, Glenn's speaking voice and his giggle in particular isn't as macho as he'd like it to be, but he's so in the zone that it sounds like someone else. Maybe it is, I dunno. It's funny all the same. The OTT lyrics and then that on top. 

I never heard the Misfits till '88 when I was in the Navy in San Diego. I meet a guy who turned me on The Misfits, Social D and other punk I never listened to. He had Evilive on cassette. Its only about 8 minuets long. 

When I saw him live I had not idea he was 4' 10". He was a juiced up muscle head. He was pissed of at some guy in the audience and was staring at who ever it was real hard.

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I never heard the Misfits till '88 when I was in the Navy in San Diego. I meet a guy who turned me on The Misfits, Social D and other punk I never listened to. He had Evilive on cassette. Its only about 8 minuets long. 

When I saw him live I had not idea he was 4' 10". He was a juiced up muscle head. He was pissed of at some guy in the audience and was staring at who ever it was real hard.

That's the "Evilive" EP. (fetches a pretty penny). The LP (on Plan 9 Records) is the full gig. 30 min or so.