Gibson Brands Forums

Is Hercules to weak for Nitro Gibson

SG Sydney

Just purchased a Hercules guitar stand model GS405B.....I here these are safe for nitro finish Gibson's, or are they?  It says on the box ..... SPECIALLY FORMULATED RUBBER FOAM  fully protects instrument at all contact points.  It doesn't mention anything about NITRO FINISHES....like to hear from guitar players that are using Hercules stands. 

3 minutes ago, brad1 said:

How about the Hercules stand that holds  7-guitars? I have one but have always been afraid to put my Gibsons on it. 

depends on how old it is.  The early production ones are not truly safe.  But the company addressed that a few years back. (from what I have read anyway)

If this was purchased in the last ... 5 years?... or so.. then it ought to be ok. 

Edited by kidblast

Some believe nitro takes several months to 'cure'.  Though 'cure' isn't the scientifically correct term - harden might be closer. And maybe closer to a year.  I think it's reactive to a few things until then.  I've not had a problem with either my nitro Gibson's or the Hercules stand they've been  taking  turns on.for 5 or 6 years. 

On 4/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, Murph said:

I have three, one was replaced due to melting/crumbling plastic from many years ago.

I will do far more damage to my guitars in normal life than a stand will.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:38 AM, brad1 said:

Yeah can't be to careful with nitro guitars....