Gibson Brands Forums

Please Be With Me

MorrisrownSal

Hey Lars - I think Duane Allman wrote it? You can find the Eric Clapton version on 461 Ocean Boulevard. I think Duane plays slide on Eric's version too.

The other setup - I still have it. It just requires two mics, mixing, and separate camera track that you have to sync up... It probably sounds a tad better than the Apogee, but I am not producing or selling perfection. If the iPhone mic were better, I'd just be using that every time.

Hope you are well...  and thankUncle F

Hey Sal - Are you filming with the camera on your ipad and recording audio into garage band at the same time on the same device.  Or how are you getting an audio track that you edit (ie.. add harmonies etc...)?  

Edited by uncle fester

9 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Hey Sal - Are you filming with the camera on your ipad and recording audio into garage band at the same time on the same device.  Or how are you getting an audio track that you edit (ie.. add harmonies etc...)?  

i record with the ipad and apogee... then that goes into garageband on the mac... and the other tracks are added there...

16 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

i record with the ipad and apogee... then that goes into garageband on the mac... and the other tracks are added there...

thanks sal.  When you go from the video you recorded on the ipad, do you import the whole video file into garage band, or do you have to seperate the audio and video files first?  Sorry for all the questions, struggling with how to do this well myself.

Rgds - uncle fester (aka billroy)

38 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

thanks sal.  When you go from the video you recorded on the ipad, do you import the whole video file into garage band, or do you have to seperate the audio and video files first?  Sorry for all the questions, struggling with how to do this well myself.

Rgds - uncle fester (aka billroy)

Fester... once the video is recorded... you can "airdrop" it onto your Mac desktop. Then drag it from the desk top right into garageband (garageband has to be opened up...  new project etc...). The audio and video from the iPad will both come into garageband synced. The Apogee MiCs are compatible with iPads - you just need an adapter cord, depending on what iPad you have.

Maybe to practice... just record raw with your iPhone or iPad camera/video function...   airdrop that... drag into garagaband... and you can add EQ or a little reverb or whatever to the audio recorded on your iPads internal microphone. See how that comes out. If you want better recording... get the Apogee (or others that are compatible with iOS)

2 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

Fester... once the video is recorded... you can "airdrop" it onto your Mac desktop. Then drag it from the desk top right into garageband (garageband has to be opened up...  new project etc...). The audio and video from the iPad will both come into garageband synced. The Apogee MiCs are compatible with iPads - you just need an adapter cord, depending on what iPad you have.

Maybe to practice... just record raw with your iPhone or iPad camera/video function...   airdrop that... drag into garagaband... and you can add EQ or a little reverb or whatever to the audio recorded on your iPads internal microphone. See how that comes out. If you want better recording... get the Apogee (or others that are compatible with iOS)

Thank you again, it was the airdrop piece I was missing.  Will give it a go a little later on.  If chance ever happens I owe you a beverage of your choice.  For the record I'm more impressed with Garage band every time I use it....  those people have figured out simple!