Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG neck and 57 classics. ???

GeorgeGR

I'd like to ask if Gibson's 61' 2019 slim taper neck profile is the same feel with Gibson's LP 60s BB ??? I am asking that cause our local store has not Gibson Reissue and i want to feel the neck of it.

Last question i am not a Gibson (yet lol) owner and i've never used a classic 57s pickup. Many of you have praised them and i really want to play with them.  Problem is i can't find any guitar in the store  with these pickups except few Gibson 2018 Modern HP Standard. They have 57 Classic, Super 57 Classic. I checked in Thomannn but it had many versions and i'd really appreciate if you could enlighten me , which of these models are the classic 57s everyone is using and praising.  The available pickups i see are : 1) Gibson 57 Classic Vintage NC , 2) Gibson 57 Classic Plus NC and 3) Gibson 57 Classic Plus Zebra.

Which pickups are you using in your SG ? Only available i see in an SG are 490T/R and 61T/R .

Thank you ! 

On 4/14/2020 at 12:48 PM, GeorgeGR said:

The available pickups i see are : 1) Gibson 57 Classic Vintage NC , 2) Gibson 57 Classic Plus NC and 3) Gibson 57 Classic Plus Zebra.

1 is the answer you're looking for 

• Like 1