Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Lee

Epiphone les Paul junior serial #

I need some help finding info on my epiphone les paul jr guitar. The serial number is MC22041083 and reading info online would mean made in muse china April of 2022 or 1922. Can anyone help me find the real build date? The serial number is located on the neck plate by the way.

19 hours ago, Jason_Lee said:

I need some help finding info on my epiphone les paul jr guitar. The serial number is MC22041083 and reading info online would mean made in muse china April of 2022 or 1922. Can anyone help me find the real build date? The serial number is located on the neck plate by the way.

I've seen this on another forum somewhere years ago I think, similar circumstances and model, definitely muse factory as it was possibly the only other time I've heard it mentioned. Nobody had an an answer.

So, its obviously not either of those years, most likely a mistake in the factory. My guess would be 02 with the first 2 being the mistake, but that's a guess, I dont even know the model variant you have.

You could try contacting epiphone customer service with pictures, I doubt they will be of much help given the age, volume built and factory's not being used any more. But they should tell you when the model was available between to try to narrow it down.