Gibson Brands Forums

Drum peddal

RoyC

Like merciful-evans, I use a Beat Buddy with factory foot switch. 

Never heard of the item in the OP, but it does look interesting. 

And all the Mooer pedals seem to be well-reviewed, including that one, so I am guessing it would be a worthwhile investment. 

😗

• Like 1

I use a Trio sometimes, the bass and drums level control can isolate what you want. The base model can store 3 programs and can easily sample new songs on the fly . Also used Casio Keyboards for percussion click tracks.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

I have both the Trio and the Beat Buddy.

As a drummer, I find both of them pretty lame as far as the quality of sound. I don't use either one very much.

For actual drum beats to use, I find the Beat Buddy much better with trying to find the exact beat you are looking for.

The Trio can be fun to play with, at times, but I often don't like the beat or the bass line they produce. I sometimes get very frustrated with it. So I use it rarely.

I have  found that digital keyboards can sound very good. I have a Yamaha DGX 230 and have used that for recordings before and have been pleased.

But nothing really takes the place of using real drums. I now have my Roland E-drums set up and I use these for recording. They sound great! Almost as good as the real deal.

And you don't have to deal with mic placement. [biggrin]

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:06 PM, Filbert said:

I use a Digitech Trio - you feed it some chords and it then plays you a bass line and drum beat in whatever style you chose. It's awesome. The new version of it includes a looper as well but you can get the original version of the pedal second-hand pretty cheaply.

https://www.digitech.com/band-creator/TRIOPLUS-V-04.html

My Trio+ and the DigiTech FS3X 3-Button Footswitch have arrived.

The instructions are quite clear apart from, what jack point on the amp to plug the lead from the trio in to.  see picture. 

Does it plug into the guitar input jack ?

https://imgur.com/gallery/3qr4z6L

Edited by RoyC

Yes, the output cable from the pedal goes to the amp input in the same jack as if you were plugging your guitar into the amp directly.

Here is a pic of my Trio - it's the last pedal in the signal chain on my board:

IHDXYuF.jpg?1

The output from the MXR carbon Copy goes into the Oceans 11 Reverb and from there it goes into the Trio. The red tipped cable you see on the right hand side of the Trio goes off to the footswitch and on the left side of the Trio, the cable goes to the input of whatever amp I am using.

On the pic you linked to, you will be plugging in the cable that runs from the output of the Trio to the jack marked 'Input' on your amp.

Edited by Filbert
  • Like 1