Gibson Brands Forums

Photos of your Gibsons on this quarantine day?

generaldreedle

1 hour ago, 75 Hummingbird said:

Your covering a lot of sonic space with that wonderful collection of flat tops !

I`ll try to post some pics tomorrow perhaps of my sweeties .

The Southern Jumbo is the most versatile of the lot, I love them all and the Nick Lucas is really unusual

One of these days I have to get the gang together to sit quietly for a snapshot.  But here goes.  Age before beauty is the theme,  Starting with the older guys.

1932 L1 12 fretter.

.L1020139.jpg

1935 Capital J2

L1010945.jpg 

1942 J47.5  No, not a typo.  This is the one with the back story,    To recap, the FON shows it to be a J50.  When somebody down the line discovered a major flaw in the top build they shot a burst to hide the screw up.  While the burst was missing when I got the guitar, my repair guy (who found evidence of it)  felt it needed to be  brought back so shot a new finish copied from a '44 J45.

Gibson-J-50-LG-2-006.jpg

Edited by zombywoof
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, slimt said:

post-31988-033910000%201555250471_thumb.jpgthumbnail_DSC00541.jpg.e7310c466105cc9e19fc8452ce7a5c42.jpg

Like that you are humidifying the D-45?, but is it effective in open air? I've been told the 41, 42 and 45 are just a more expensive HD-28 with no bling. Maybe the same specs, but I am sure a 40 series is getting more premium wood that a 28.

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Like that you are humidifying the D-45?, but is it effective in open air? I've been told the 41, 42 and 45 are just a more expensive HD-28 with no bling. Maybe the same specs, but I am sure a 40 series is getting more premium wood that a 28.

Well.  That was the only time out of there Cases  to take a picture. Back in there cases and havent been out since.  Other than to wet the humidifiers.   Ive since built a room in the basement to house all the guitars with a built in humidifier in the room.   All Guitars are away from walls and off the floor.   

I have  D41s , 2s and more 45s. And they are different.     

Careful what you wish  for. Lucky for me my quarantine consists of working 13 hours a day.

W4bTvLj.jpg
1991 BC Rich Custom

KHokFmw.jpg
1964 'Bird refin

Qstpq3M.jpg
1880 Mando

Qdiq1sA.jpg?2
2018 Korean Wolf gotta love the bling on this!

OsJlILR.jpg
Mystery pawn shop Gibson Robert Johnston?

RsKS5m2.jpg
Fender Partscaster Hendrix tribute built by myself. How about the cobra snake strap?  Scary!

16 hours ago, slimt said:

Well.  That was the only time out of there Cases  to take a picture. Back in there cases and havent been out since.  Other than to wet the humidifiers.   Ive since built a room in the basement to house all the guitars with a built in humidifier in the room.   All Guitars are away from walls and off the floor.   

I have  D41s , 2s and more 45s. And they are different.     

Agree, I've played a few 42's, own a 41. Played 28's of all flavors (HD, HD-V, Modern Deluxe, Standard), and I owned a 28 Std. And I owned a 35 and it sounded nothing like my 28 or 41.

That 45 is sweet.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The slightly trashed old CW has been spending quite some time on the wall, but made it to the sofa the other day. There it was saluted by the sun , which happened as I walked by.

1965 ~ s2ukDI2.jpg 

Notice the cracked bridge. It doesn't influence sound, but will fixed at some point. The saddle-insert is a custom made piece of old-vase-ivory. Makes the guitar even sweeter. 

Edited by E-minor7