Gibson Brands Forums

Back to life. .

E-minor7

In this frenzy of chaos, collapse, desorientation and demise, it is a good cure to see some healing goin' onA luthier named David Richard does his best and shows the path.                                Very impressing, , , hope the 1934 L Century went back to full voice and timbre. Looks like it. .

rqcPBuY.jpg

NsL7s9y.jpg

GR20kMH.jpg

oChgA0a.jpg

Well, that's certainly one way to find out: Lam, or solid(anyone gotta guess?) :

rwmLrKA.png

. . . and isn't that type of warping of the back more of a ply-thing, as opposed to solid wood? Also shows how thick the finish can be at the edges.

However, I can't see anything in photo 1 of the OP to justify having to cut out part of the side. (?)

13 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Well, that's certainly one way to find out: Lam, or solid(anyone gotta guess?) :

rwmLrKA.png

. . . and isn't that type of warping of the back more of a ply-thing, as opposed to solid wood? Also shows how thick the finish can be at the edges.

However, I can't see anything in photo 1 of the OP to justify having to cut out part of the side. (?)

In the close-up, it appears to be solid, but it still seems thick, especially compared to the backing cleat that was put in.

I had the same reaction you did to cutting out the side, but it looks like it might be a bit crushed. Hard to second-guess the decision without a first-hand inspection. He did a nice job nonetheless.

5 hours ago, Murph said:

A sheetrock screw with a fender washer would have been quicker.

I'm kidding...

Yes, thought about giving it a steam shower then press it down with grandma's electric iron and grandpa's soft hammer.  

You're an animal, Murph, , , hahe, , got that phrase from you. 

Keep kiddin'