Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Gibsons wanted.

Esq Guitars

Hello everyone,

I have a client who is looking for the following Gibson guitars.

1958 - 1969 Gibson ES-335,345,175,ES-330TD,140 and 355

50's and 60's Les Paul TV, Jr & Special

1958 - 1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard

1968 - 1976 Les Paul Deluxe and Custom

1950’s - 1969 Gibson Les Paul

1960’s Gibson SJ, J-160E,J-45/J-50/-ADJ.

1960’s Gibson Hummingbird, Dove

1929 - 1941 Gibson L0,L00,L1 and L2

1950's Gibson J-185 and J-160E SJ-200 and CF-100

1958-1963 & Early 80's Gibson Explorer

1963-1965 Gibson Reverse Firebird all models

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Good Afternoon gentlemen,

I doubt ebay (egay) or what other derivate people use for it would perhaps not have the class of guitars that this client is looking for. Other services have been used, however business on this level due to the value of the instrument and privacy of owner/buyer is very important to us.

Appreciate the suggestions and will not post any future wanteds.

Kindest regards,

Either a veeerrry wealthy client--or else he or she should add a pony and a rocket to the wish list.

All kidding aside' date=' this sounds like a job for Gruhn Guitars, rather than a forum posting.

Ignatius

[/quote']

What Ignatius said. That's going to the best bet for level of guitars you seek.

Good Afternoon gentlemen' date='

I doubt ebay (egay) or what other derivate people use for it would perhaps not have the class of guitars that this client is looking for. Other services have been used, however business on this level due to the value of the instrument and privacy of owner/buyer is very important to us.

Appreciate the suggestions and will not post any future wanteds.

Kindest regards,[/quote']

Hi Esq Guitars--

I hope the kidding in the posts was not taken in the wrong way. I do think such a large order for vintage guitars provokes some concern among those of us who are regulars. But truly, you should check out Gruhn Guitars. If you are not familiar with them, you are missing perhaps the best brain in the vintage guitar business. Check out the "Fretboard Journal" profile on Mr. Gruhn a few issues back: he has been doing this since the '60s, and he is the guy that people like Clapton call when they need a very specific guitar and want it to be legitimate, authentic, and excellent.

Your client(s) will be well-served by Gruhn.

Ignatius

ESQ,

I live in Cincinnati and there is a shop here that has a lot of the guitars you are looking for. Here is his website www.mikesmusicohio.com. I don't know how up to date the site is as far as inventory, but he has 4 floors full of vintage guitars. Give them a call and ask for Mike. If he does not have it I am sure he can find it.

Eric

Kind of funny...Use to be...the volute years, were undesirable! Now-a-days...they are worth gold...or so it would seem! That original request did seem a little odd. I have a client that wants any or all of these guitars...all of the classic collectables! They are out there dude..advertised ...all over...for a price. Pay it and go on your happy way. ...Or did you really mean, you have a client that wants to get these guitars for a steal or a really low price??? What-Eeever!!!

Appreciate the heads up and information. It seemed kind of a bit out there looking for so many guitars. From further contact with the individual it seems that he has already sounded out some high end guitar dealers, so I think he perhaps was a dealer looking for lower pricing.

Thanks guys !

Appreciate the heads up and information. It seemed kind of a bit out there looking for so many guitars. From further contact with the individual it seems that he has already sounded out some high end guitar dealers' date=' so I think he perhaps was a dealer looking for lower pricing.

Thanks guys !

[/quote']

And please allow me to offer a heads up apology.

I Think it has become clear from all the subsequent posts, that you are clearly NOT a Nigerian scam artist.

You must admit however such a request was a bit odd.

Also welcome to the forum board.

-TLSG

• 5 weeks later...

There are a number of the guitars on your listing readily available on a number of dealer's lists. Last time I looked Gruhn had well over 15 vintage '50s era Les Pauls. Lark Street has a clean "burst, as does Rumbleseat Music.

• 11 years later...