Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Traditional HP LP.


RoyC
 Share

Recommended Posts

My 2017 Gibson Les Paul Traditional HP has some things on it that I can't even find for sale anywhere (except for the case) or fitted to any other Les Paul.

Did Gibson make these items just for this model ?

 

1. Titanium nut.

2. The mounting screws for the bridge and the tailpiece have different heads to other LPs.

3. Chrome knobs.

4. Pick guard at a reasonable price.

5. Chrome truss rod cover.

6. Aluminium case.  

https://imgur.com/gallery/8oNUKei  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RoyC said:

My 2017 Gibson Les Paul Traditional HP has some things on it that I can't even find for sale anywhere (except for the case) or fitted to any other Les Paul.

Did Gibson make these items just for this model ?

 

1. Titanium nut.

2. The mounting screws for the bridge and the tailpiece have different heads to other LPs.

3. Chrome knobs.

4. Pick guard at a reasonable price.

5. Chrome truss rod cover.

6. Aluminium case.  

https://imgur.com/gallery/8oNUKei  

did you try to contact customer service directly to get a source for parts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "High Performance" guitars where sort of all over the map with what they came with.. 

they did not come with the standard appointments as this was a thinking of the old management that people wanted something a little different than just a "standard" Les Paul

 

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/USA/Les-Paul-Traditional/High-Performance.aspx

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Eracer_Team said:

The "High Performance" guitars where sort of all over the map with what they came with.. 

they did not come with the standard appointments as this was a thinking of the old management that people wanted something a little different than just a "standard" Les Paul

 

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/USA/Les-Paul-Traditional/High-Performance.aspx

Thanks for that, very informative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suppliers were not Friends of Gibson by that time, not by a long way.  Whatever parts are on those guitars probably weren't paid for, that's probably why you can't find them anywhere else.

rct

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Eracer_Team said:

@rct I don't believe he's looking to buy replacements.

Think he's wondering out loud about how the HP got appointments that other LP's did not, and if they were factory. 

And the answer was yes, factory 

That is exactly what I was wondering, thank you.

Funny how none of it is for sale, after market, except for the pick guard and the case, both at silly prices.

My G-force tuner has been replaced with Gibson Deluxe tuners, probably because, I can't see any replacement batteries for sale either. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/vWHBlyJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RoyC said:

That is exactly what I was wondering, thank you.

Funny how none of it is for sale, after market, except for the pick guard and the case, both at silly prices.

My G-force tuner has been replaced with Gibson Deluxe tuners, probably because, I can't see any replacement batteries for sale either. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/vWHBlyJ

 

I utterly missed the point there. I was wondering why you would need replacements on a 3 year old guitar.:-s

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...