Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Salfromchatham

Jet Airliner

Sorry for al the music...  but .. pandemic.......

I have a facebook account, and all my music friends each week share ditty's. Keeps us connected and sane, So I thought I'd share here as well.

Anyway, it's here that I've got to stay... This is a Steve Miller tune (not written by him by the way!)

• Like 2

First, that was excellent!

Also, it looks like you have a True Vintage. I just posted a topic about Necks/J-45, and I’d love to know about your guitar, and also your answer to my question!

• Like 1

Nice job!!  Now I wish you lived down the street.... 🙂

(Glad you didn't do the AM radio-sanitized version....)

Fred

Edited by J-1854Me
clarity
  • Like 1

Yes - really like those bends, , , sounds sane to me. A Paul Pena wrote the tune. Never knew that. What a hit it was back then. .  

Edited by E-minor7

30 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Yes - really like those bends, , , sounds sane to me. A Paul Pena wrote the tune. Never knew that. What a hit it was back then. .  

Pena’s version is excellent as are both his albums.  There’s also a fascinating documentary called Genghis Blues about his Tuvan throat singing journey.  Highly recommended.

59 minutes ago, thegreatgumbino said:

Pena’s version is excellent as are both his albums.  There’s also a fascinating documentary called Genghis Blues about his Tuvan throat singing journey.  Highly recommended.

Sure is [thumbup] , , , just heard it. Terrific guitar. Will check more. . 

i also had known about Pena, and was informed on facebook. i agree his version has much more soul than Miller’s. it was a pleasant rabbit hole to go down.

Loved this one Sal.  Well done. Harmonies And lead vocal were spot on and the J45 is sounding great.

roger 

As      always great job Sal...love it..thanks for posting it.  Never be sorry..I am just glad somebody  has the talent to do so..

Edited by kelly campbell

thanks again guys...

murph. the main “lick” in the song... doesnt sound ENOUGH with the pull-offs on the acoustic... had to think of something else... if there is a trick. holler!

This thread made me go in and buy Paul Pena's 2 albums - what a huge'n'cool talent. Thanx Sal. Will of course get yours too as soon as it's released, , , but it has feature original material. 

Cheers

On 5/3/2020 at 5:55 AM, Salfromchatham said:

i also had known about Pena, and was informed on facebook. i agree his version has much more soul than Miller’s. it was a pleasant rabbit hole to go down.

I meant to write “hadn’t known”....