Gibson Brands Forums

Old Blackwater revisited (live from home)

jaxson50

Saw them in '86 in Mountain View, CA. It was their reunion tour. Almost everyone who was ever a Doobie was there.  I remember there were 4 drum sets on stage.

They are home town boys from San Jose where I grew up.

Patrick Simmons also came on stage in Santa Cruz in '82 to sing one song (Crank It Up) with a band called The Dregs off an album called Industry Standard.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

30 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Saw them in '86 in Mountain View, CA. It was their reunion tour. Almost everyone who was ever a Doobie was there.  I remember there were 4 drum sets on stage.

Patrick Simmons also came on stage in Santa Cruz in '82 to sing one song (Crank It Up) with a band called The Dregs off an album called Industry Standard.

That was great!

I have tickets to see the Doobies Sept. 12th in Mountain View. Wonder if it is still going to happen? 

9 minutes ago, brad1 said:

That was great!

I have tickets to see the Doobies Sept. 12th in Mountain View. Wonder if it is still going to happen? 

I haven't been to that place since I saw The Grateful Dead before Jerry died in the 90's.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That was my stomping grounds for a short time. Good times!

31 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I miss Cali, but I could in no way afford to live there anymore. The Bay Area got to crowded.

I understand that,  enjoyed Santa Cruz, Capitola  and the Redwood area a lot! 

Remember the Crystal Palace?  

53 minutes ago, jaxson50 said:

I understand that,  enjoyed Santa Cruz, Capitola  and the Redwood area a lot! 

Remember the Crystal Palace?  

We made the drive over 17 many times to the beach in Rasta Cruz. Cut a few school days to chill at the beach.  I do have the finest Pioneer High School education the tax payers can buy.

I do not remember it.

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We made the drive over 17 many times to the beach in Rasta Cruz. Cut a few school days to chill at the beach.  I do have the finest Pioneer High School education the tax payers can buy.

I do not remember it.

It was a coffee house, where all us hipsters hung out,  I haven't been back to SC since 84. 

Edited by jaxson50

9 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

It was a coffee house, where all us hipsters hung out,  I haven't been back to SC since 84. 

When I was going to the beach with my friends I was in my late teens to early 20's in the mid to late 80's, and coffee wasn't the big thing back then, now weed...yeah we had that.

I left for the Navy in '87, so I haven't been to Santa Cruz since before then. That whole area was so cool before the Sillycon Valley exploded.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper