Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Old Blackwater revisited (live from home)


jaxson50
 Share

Recommended Posts

Saw them in '86 in Mountain View, CA. It was their reunion tour. Almost everyone who was ever a Doobie was there.  I remember there were 4 drum sets on stage.

They are home town boys from San Jose where I grew up.

Patrick Simmons also came on stage in Santa Cruz in '82 to sing one song (Crank It Up) with a band called The Dregs off an album called Industry Standard.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Saw them in '86 in Mountain View, CA. It was their reunion tour. Almost everyone who was ever a Doobie was there.  I remember there were 4 drum sets on stage.

They are home town boys from San Jose where I grew up.

Patrick Simmons also came on stage in Santa Cruz in '82 to sing one song (Crank It Up) with a band called The Dregs off an album called Industry Standard.

That was great!

I have tickets to see the Doobies Sept. 12th in Mountain View. Wonder if it is still going to happen? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, brad1 said:

That was great!

I have tickets to see the Doobies Sept. 12th in Mountain View. Wonder if it is still going to happen? 

I haven't been to that place since I saw The Grateful Dead before Jerry died in the 90's.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Saw them in '86 in Mountain View, CA. It was their reunion tour. Almost everyone who was ever a Doobie was there.  I remember there were 4 drum sets on stage.

They are home town boys from San Jose where I grew up.

Patrick Simmons also came on stage in Santa Cruz in '82 to sing one song (Crank It Up) with a band called The Dregs off an album called Industry Standard.

That was my stomping grounds for a short time. Good times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I miss Cali, but I could in no way afford to live there anymore. The Bay Area got to crowded.

I understand that,  enjoyed Santa Cruz, Capitola  and the Redwood area a lot! 

Remember the Crystal Palace?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jaxson50 said:

I understand that,  enjoyed Santa Cruz, Capitola  and the Redwood area a lot! 

Remember the Crystal Palace?  

We made the drive over 17 many times to the beach in Rasta Cruz. Cut a few school days to chill at the beach.  I do have the finest Pioneer High School education the tax payers can buy.

I do not remember it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We made the drive over 17 many times to the beach in Rasta Cruz. Cut a few school days to chill at the beach.  I do have the finest Pioneer High School education the tax payers can buy.

I do not remember it.

It was a coffee house, where all us hipsters hung out,  I haven't been back to SC since 84. 

 

Edited by jaxson50
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

It was a coffee house, where all us hipsters hung out,  I haven't been back to SC since 84. 

 

When I was going to the beach with my friends I was in my late teens to early 20's in the mid to late 80's, and coffee wasn't the big thing back then, now weed...yeah we had that.

I left for the Navy in '87, so I haven't been to Santa Cruz since before then. That whole area was so cool before the Sillycon Valley exploded.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...