Gibson Brands Forums

Ej 200 Artist with no serial number

Sang

Hi guys, I've just bought an Epiphone EJ 200 artist from a local music shop here in Milan (Italy), is it normal that there's no serial number on my guitar? Neither on the label, nor on the headstock, nor everywhere, no traces at all...is it an authentic guitar or could be a fake model? Behind the headstock there are a stickers "made in china" and a printed logo "Epiphone 2014"

I also returned the first guitar but the shop sent me a second one that's identical to the first one!!!

Thank you very much guys 

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

It looks to me like it’s just a quality control oversight that the guitar’s label is missing a serial number.  From the photos, everything else (the headstock, the Epiphone logo on the headstock, and the imprinted Epiphone logo on the back of the headstock, the shape and color of the inside oval label, the plate on the front of the headstock) look fine to me.  If the rest of the guitar matches the details of an Epiphone EJ-200,  I wouldn’t worry about it.  Photos should be able to be located on the internet to compare.  You should also try writing to Epiphone’s Customer Service in Nashville, Tennessee in the US to bring to their attention that the label somehow is missing a serial number to see what they say.  If nothing else they should know of the quality control error and should take a stab at trying to figure out why its missing.

Hope this helps!  

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QuestionMark said:

It looks to me like it’s just a quality control oversight that the guitar’s label is missing a serial number.  From the photos, everything else (the headstock, the Epiphone logo on the headstock, and the imprinted Epiphone logo on the back of the headstock, the shape and color of the inside oval label, the plate on the front of the headstock) look fine to me.  If the rest of the guitar matches the details of an Epiphone EJ-200,  I wouldn’t worry about it.  Photos should be able to be located on the internet to compare.  You should also try writing to Epiphone’s Customer Service in Nashville, Tennessee in the US to bring to their attention that the label somehow is missing a serial number to see what they say.  If nothing else they should know of the quality control error and should take a stab at trying to figure out why its missing.

Hope this helps!  

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

Thank you very much, yes I forgot to say that I've already contacted Epiphone and sent them the pictures as they asked me, let's wait the answer  😄 

The guitar is ok, I don't think it's fake one, I'm afraid that could be something like a B stock maybe...there are some slight cosmetic defects on the painting, and on this second guitar a couple of "dead frets", also the strings are a little bit rusted (the guitar is from 2014)...I don't know if I can fix the problem by changing the strings or It'll be better to try a third model  LOL