Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from the Cotswolds


Arthur X
 Share

Recommended Posts

Introduced myself yesterday at the Lounge, before realising there was a dedicated Gibson Acoustic section, for those with impeccable taste!!! ūüėȬ†So,¬†hello (again) from the sleepy Cotswolds, England. Just bought a new Gibson G45 Studio, to be delivered this week (will post pics later).

I bought a G45 earlier this year (since sold), partly on budget, partly because it surprised me compared to Martin and Taylor, which I've also owned, and of which I was a big fan. This time I had the money for a more expensive guitar, but I let my ears do the buying and the modest little Gibson still won out.

Looking forward to hanging out. 

Edited by Arthur X
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will do pics, but the one I ordered had cosmetic 'issues'... ie, I (the buyer) didn't like the look of it! Just trying to find another one in the UK, or a Standard, or even a J-45 Studio. Although spending £300.00 more on the latter seems somewhat pointless, if, like the G Series, it's walnut (the rosewood ones will be more over here, once they hit the stores).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit embarrassing, but I'll be signing out (for now¬†anyway). I bought a Taylor 214ce Koa.¬†ūüėä

Decided to spend a bit more, but not a lot more, than on the G-45. A walnut J-45 Studio was an option, but until they bring out the rosewood one, it seemed pointless spending more on that, compared to the G-45's.

Was also looking at used J-15s and J-35s, but couldn't find one at the price they were selling for earlier this year - ie. sub- £1,000.00 and more like £850.00. Asking prices appear unrealistic right now.

So I bought the Taylor... and byee for now. Take care everyone.

214ceKoa.png

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2020 at 11:29 AM, Arthur X said:

A bit embarrassing, but I'll be signing out (for now¬†anyway). I bought a Taylor 214ce Koa.¬†ūüėä

Decided to spend a bit more, but not a lot more, than on the G-45. A walnut J-45 Studio was an option, but until they bring out the rosewood one, it seemed pointless spending more on that, compared to the G-45's.

Was also looking at used J-15s and J-35s, but couldn't find one at the price they were selling for earlier this year - ie. sub- £1,000.00 and more like £850.00. Asking prices appear unrealistic right now.

So I bought the Taylor... and byee for now. Take care everyone.

214ceKoa.png

 

Actually - we have more than a few regular members here on the acoustic sub-forum who have never owned a Gibson Acoustic. We believe in 'Diversity and Inclusion' when it comes to guitars -  the only requirement is that you love guitars !    So, stay - hang around.  Tell us about your Taylor (it is sort of ' not too ugly' !). Many here have Taylors as well as Gibbies.  My daughter got a nice Taylor Koa Mini for Christmas.  Sadly, I had to have my will changed.   But, seriously - don't go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I stuck around and have just ordered a J-45 Studio - coming next week. Got the opportunity to try it alongside the Taylor, but it's the guitar I wanted when my budget wouldn't originally stretch to it.

Here she is:

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 16.23.34.png

Edited by Arthur X
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi - never heard of Cotswolds - had to look it up. Seems like a genuine acoustic place. 

Is this a site you recognize, , , and if yes, did you ever play a little guitar by the grassy riverside. . 

QUypMfg.jpg

Enjoy yourself here. . 

Edited by E-minor7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's Bourton-on-the-Water, about 15 minutes from my place, but it gets over-run by tourists, so we never go there (that river is only a foot deep - it's a man-made section through the village). The Cotswolds is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), so it's like a national park / conservation area. Derived its wealth from the wool trade (back in medieval times, wool was more expensive than gold, by weight). It's still mostly an agricultural region and relatively sparsely populated.

Edited by Arthur X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2020 at 10:25 PM, Arthur X said:

So, I stuck around and have just ordered a J-45 Studio - coming next week. Got the opportunity to try it alongside the Taylor, but it's the guitar I wanted when my budget wouldn't originally stretch to it.

Here she is:

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 16.23.34.png

Hi Arthur, im also a newbie here

welcome aboard, and enjoy ur new babies!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2020 at 2:07 PM, Arthur X said:

Yeah, that's Bourton-on-the-Water, about 15 minutes from my place, but it gets over-run by tourists, so we never go there (that river is only a foot deep - it's a man-made section through the village).

Ouh, not hard to imagine those lawns being over-crowded from March to November (is this some kind of quarantine-photo - no probably taken before the rooster got eyes). But the scenery looks  inspiring in the idyllic way, , , a place where you'ld like to sit down an take a deeper breath when travelling by. Sure hope little toy-boats are out saying hello the ducks now'n'again. .  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...