Gibson Brands Forums

Gday Gibson Forum

RudiGAV

Thank you @tx-ogre for the kind welcome.

Having owned my very first Acoustic Ibanez AEF28CS for USD 100.00 and then as  my skills improved over the years, have owned other guitars from Taylor (714CE X brace) Lutz, and a Martin (D35). My journey has taken me to the world of Gibson Acoustics. I am really loving the Walnut Tone and the "Woody" Feel of the guitar. I just love this J15 and surprised to find out how accessible the price point (though its not really the main consideration). The Value Equation for this is just amazing. 🙂

Edited by RudiGAV

On 5/11/2020 at 11:14 PM, RudiGAV said:

Hello Folks

I am new to the Forum and from Melbourne Australia, and originally the Philippines.  I am a proud owner of my very first Gibson Instrument, J15 in WB.

Stay safe!

I walked up and down the streets of Olongapo drunk many times as a sailor.

Welcome.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Thanks Mate! Olangapo is not as it used to be though there are still remnants of its historic past especially with the Naval Bases. 

I was there passing by attending a Conference over a year ago.

Talking about the Gibson J15 WB, please see link here of Passenger, playing Restless Wind on a J15. 

Absolutely love its Clarity and its beautiful Gibson sound. Everytime I play it, it truly moves me.

Mabuhay!!!!

Edited by RudiGAV
  • Thanks 1

On 15 May 2020 at 7:57 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I walked up and down the streets of Olongapo drunk many times as a sailor.

Welcome.

And I've walked up and down the streets of Melbourne drunk many times as a...drunk.

g'day mate.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:26 AM, RudiGAV said:

Thanks Mate! Olangapo is not as it used to be though there are still remnants of its historic past especially with the Naval Bases. 

Talking about the Gibson J15 WB, please see link here of Passenger, playing Restless Wind on a J15. 

Absolutely love its Clarity and its beautiful Gibson sound. Everytime I play it, it truly moves me.

I think this video proves 2 things :

- You don't need a 10K $ guitar to make great music, you need talent.
- J15 sounds great and has been chosen by someone that could afford any other guitar.

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2020 at 10:26 PM, RudiGAV said:

I know I went back there a few years ago and did work on a USNS when I was a Navy contractor for a fire alarm company I worked for. It was good to eat real lumpia and drink Red Horse again.  And shockingly...I know you are not going to believe this but a nice young lady asked it she could give me a massage. When I said no thanks, she told me she would give me a good massage. Well why didn't you tell me it was a good one the first time you propositioned me. I still said no. I do not need to go into a hotel room and 10 minuets after I'm there have the PI police bust down the door, and tell me I'm with an underage girl, and if you give us 3000 pesos we will let you go, or you can come with us to jail. 

On 5/19/2020 at 7:44 PM, RudiGAV said:

@Sgt Pepper@'Scales LOL for the drunk comments. This could be a new thread. What are the favourite drunken places you have been with or without your Gibson guitars! 🤠

Hands down Thailand, PI is #2. My ship went to Australia after got transferred. That one hurt.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper