Gibson Brands Forums

Strapped For Straps?

fortyearspickn

Recently found a company that makes really high quality straps. Guitar, banjo, mandolin and Resonator Guitar.  They are buffalo hide. Thick, strong but very soft.  Regular width or wider, various natural colors.   Beautiful leather - but no fancy designs - just a  great functional strap.    And, excellent customer service, if you screw up your order and need help getting the right strap after you order the wrong one.   USA Made in Oklahoma, by Native Americans. 

Lakota Leathers:       https://www.lakotaleathers.com  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeHappy said:

They look like they have metal rivets holding the fabric onto the leather end tab -  that would rub up against the wood by the endpin.  And metal buckles.  But, yes, the weave patterns are very nice.  

41 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

They look like they have metal rivets holding the fabric onto the leather end tab -  that would rub up against the wood by the endpin.  And metal buckles.  But, yes, the weave patterns are very nice.  

Had the same thoughts - too much metal. But the some of these straps are more than tempting.  I was close to put one in the basket. 

On 5/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, uncle fester said:

Is there a rule of thumb folks go by on how long they use a strap for.  Case by case, don't need to change them...  Newbie question I know - but do appreciate any input.  

I find I usually end up selling or trading the guitar before the strap wears out.