Gibson Brands Forums

Who would modify a 1957 Gibson LG-1

Ruderik

A few years ago, I bought a 57 LG-1. Two reasons, A: even though it has straight bracing, it sounds and feels amazing. B: up here in the Great White North(Winnipeg) you rarely see these kinds of things. I have two questions, does anyone know where to finds actual period piece tuners for this puppy? And is there a hardshell case for these. 
Thanks 

Ruderik

51 minutes ago, rct said:

I don't know enough about Ack!oustic cases.  Whichever kind holds stickers good.

rct

There usually thicker than electric one's.

Some times I put a few dots of crazy glue on the back of the sticker to make sure it stays put.

What, you got a M-36. I know an axe that expensive came with one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Waverly's do not suck.

Damn rct did not comment on a case. Your slipping rct. I'm sure in 2020 you can find a case online to fit it. 

I’m pretty sure a classical case would do it, question is do I overpay your have a Gibson stencil on it? Iol

3 minutes ago, rct said:

What did your D-40 Gaahhhh come in?

rct

I traded my D-35 for my 41 but I kept my 35 case cuz it had all my stickers on it. It's one of those thermoplastic ones. I think it was going to come with one of those nice Gieb ones and I don't like those. The store owner took an extra 100 if the price.

2 minutes ago, Ruderik said:

Rct, saying Canadian like it’s a bad thing, lol. Think of all the good bands we have produced over the years. Btw, do you have one of theee or something similar?

Ruderik

You guys make great maple syrup and Crown Royal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I traded my D-35 for my 41 but I kept my 35 case cuz it had all my stickers on it. It's one of those thermoplastic ones. I think it was going to come with one of those nice Gieb ones and I don't like those. The store owner took an extra 100 if the price.

But the 41 case was 6 better.  Fail.

rct

4 minutes ago, Ruderik said:

Rct, saying Canadian like it’s a bad thing, lol. Think of all the good bands we have produced over the years. Btw, do you have one of theee or something similar?

Ruderik

No not at all, it's a really nice case.

She's YOUNG she's WILD she wants to be FREEEEE...

An LG-1?  Oh hell no.  I don't even know what they are, small body Gibson acoustic is all I know of it.  I uh, I haven't owned a Gibson since they gurgled into bankruptcy, got rid of them.  I never found a Gibson acoustic I liked that much, always a Martin preferrerer.  But Les Pauls and stuff, yes, used them all my life.

rct

3 minutes ago, rct said:

No not at all, it's a really nice case.

She's YOUNG she's WILD she wants to be FREEEEE...

An LG-1?  Oh hell no.  I don't even know what they are, small body Gibson acoustic is all I know of it.  I uh, I haven't owned a Gibson since they gurgled into bankruptcy, got rid of them.  I never found a Gibson acoustic I liked that much, always a Martin preferrerer.  But Les Pauls and stuff, yes, used them all my life.

rct

I like HBirds and Doves but one super expensive guitar is enough.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Rct, maple syrup is made in Quebec , mostly. Crown Royal in Gimli about an hour from my house. Problem is a really not a rye whiskey fan. They even make 7, a mix between rye and bourbon. Funny thing not available for the Canadian market.

7 minutes ago, Ruderik said:

Rct, maple syrup is made in Quebec , mostly. Crown Royal in Gimli about an hour from my house. Problem is a really not a rye whiskey fan. They even make 7, a mix between rye and bourbon. Funny thing not available for the Canadian market.

That's right the Canucks call it rye. The Apple and Salted Carmel flavored ones are for chicks who shouldn't be drinking if you can't handle the taste.