Gibson Brands Forums

Elvis J 200 N

Both my parents used to go to Reno to see the King in the early 70's. Wonder if he played it at one of the show they saw.

My love of Elvis and Neil Diamond is due to being tortured by my parents only playing them. Seen Neil twice. E died when I was 11.

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Both my parents used to go to Reno to see the King in the early 70's. Wonder if he played it at one of the show they saw.

My love of Elvis and Neil Diamond is due to being tortured by my parents only playing them. Seen Neil twice. E died when I was 11.

My father hated Elvis, my mother loved him. He was my first musical hero. Still put the Elvis channel on SiriusXM once in a while.

10 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I was & still am a huge Fan of Elvis' Rock n Roll Period before the Army.... Elvis & his Music were never the same after the Army....

He has such a huge catalog that there is IMO good and bad stuff through out his entire carrier. The movie stuff was mostly silly.

Clambake - come on E.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I am assuming the Gibson in the photo is  the 1960 J200N not the earlier one that was sent off to Gibson to be redone.   Cool as that is the same year J200 as my wife's.   

I like Elvis particularly his Sun recordings but in all honesty it is Scotty Moore I cannot get enough of.

Edited by zombywoof

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He has such a huge catalog that there is IMO good and bad stuff through out his entire carrier. The movie stuff was mostly silly.

Clambake - come on E.

Being a huge Elvis fan, from the first time I saw him on Ed Sullivan as a young kid, I saw most of those cheesy Movies too.. LOL! 

I agree. His Performances of Songs like "If I Can Dream" & "American Trilogy" are Magic!

Edited by Larsongs
Forgot something

12 hours ago, bobouz said:

There are quite a few Elvis songs I still enjoy listening to, but if forced to pick a favorite, it would be Jailhouse Rock.

The piano, the guitar, the walkin' boogie beat...….  Yup, that's the one.

Elvis played a Harmony Stella H929 in that film.

He used to do all kinds of Karate moves on stage. My mother who saw him a few times said as great as his voice was, and the great tunes he sang on, and as cute as he was to the women, he, in my mothers opinion had absolutely no stage presence, when she and my father would go see him. I wasn't there I was staying with my grandparents, so I couldn't say.