Gibson Brands Forums

Yetro Tull

SteveFord

8 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

That was hilarious.  Her reactions and expressions are great.  She's definitely not a fan of the snorting sounds.  LOL.

I like Tull but after a while it's like with Dylan I get sick of the damn harmonica, same with the flute.

Been a Yetro fan since around the time "Stand UP" came out, my impression was of a Pied Piper type dude skipping across a meadow playing for his own enjoyment. From my experience with a classicaly trained flutist in fusion band, I was in, who had a really hard time improvising, I would prefer jamming with one that has something like a jazz improv background, maybe...This was great, loved the videos...   And Redheads...

Edited by mihcmac

33 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Been a Yetro fan since around the time "Stand UP" came out, my impression was of a Pied Piper type dude skipping across a meadow playing for his own enjoyment. From my experience with a classicaly trained flutist in fusion band, I was in, who had a really hard time improvising, I would prefer jamming with one that has something like a jazz improv background, maybe...This was great, loved the videos...   And Redheads...

Classically trained musicians are no doubt top notch but need sheet music in front of them. Improv is a jazz musicians bread and butter.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper