Gibson Brands Forums

Share your ES's

Paulie2

Wow your '67 looks to be in the same condition as the 2014.  Is the '67 a reissue or a true 53 year old guitar?  Both are beautiful.  Here are mine:

2013 L-5 CES

GMfLe29.jpg?1

Bought this CS336 new in '07 or '09 (can't remember, sold it and gave away paper work)

rt2zc7f.jpg

When I sold the 336 it was so I could buy this '17 CS356

RKnKRPk.jpg

• Like 6

Paulie2 - that 330 is fabulous.

Funny I have been thinking about some sort of thread for semis/archtops - not enough of it on the forum IMO!

2013 ES 175, Tonepros roller bridge, Bigsby,  P94s (10.5k bridge, 10k neck) and I had a black scratchplate made - have posted this before.  Inspired to get it by Calimans one.  

ES175-080115.jpg

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 5:02 PM, Twang Gang said:

Wow your '67 looks to be in the same condition as the 2014.  Is the '67 a reissue or a true 53 year old guitar?  Both are beautiful.  Here are mine:

2013 L-5 CES

GMfLe29.jpg?1

Bought this CS336 new in '07 or '09 (can't remember, sold it and gave away paper work)

rt2zc7f.jpg

When I sold the 336 it was so I could buy this '17 CS356

RKnKRPk.jpg

It's a real 67. You can't tell in the picture but there is checking and a ding here and there, but it is in amazing, amazing shape.  And great looking L-5!!

Edited by Paulie2

A few pairs of ES’s

1959 EB-2, 1968 ES-335 12, 1968 EB-2DC, 1967 ES-335, 1974 Les Paul Signature Guitar & Bass, 2016 ES Les Paul Bass & 2015 ES Les Paul.

rSEvwU3l.jpg

FeDbTFbl.jpg

Sgx49bql.jpg

FnGl7eal.jpg

Edited by Grog
  • Like 7

Had these. There gone now. BB was an '09, the 335 was a '14. The King slayed the 335. When I played electric, I would have taken an ES over a LP any day of the week, and yes I've owned Lesters.

7EojopJ.jpg

Iye0acU.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Christianco said:

Hi. Can anyone identify my dads guitar? He thinks its an Es but im not so sure. It also doesnt have the pearl in the headstock. But has nice features in the main body. Can anyone help?

Not a Gibson IMO.  Might even be European.

7 hours ago, Christianco said:

Hi jdgm, 

The headstock says it is a Gibson. Or do you think it is just a copy? It still sounds nice 🙂20200528_220944.thumb.jpg.d8806fe4c1597cbad244461d8d19358d.jpg

It looks like something trying awful hard to be an L5-CES. But I don’t think it’s a Gibson. I could be wrong, I’m not much of an ES guy.

Johnny

13 hours ago, Christianco said:

Hi jdgm, The headstock says it is a Gibson. Or do you think it is just a copy? It still sounds nice 🙂

I think it is a copy even though in the pic it seems like there is a headstock inlay that is painted over. 

That may just be the photo.  Need to see more of it really but it doesn't look right.

Cutout and high end of board look a bit off.  But having seen your latest photo I'm hedging my bets as I'm almost sure there's an inlay there.

:-k