Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

OMG, no Gibsons anywhere


Recommended Posts

I wanted a new ES-335 Cherry... and guess what? No shop in the world has any in stock. Also, they do not know when they'll be available for shipping. Tried  these: Guitarcenter, Sweetwater, Thomann (Germany), Andertons (UK). Prolly some others too. I did put an order with my local dealer, he says waiting time will be like 2-4 months.

Does anyone know, if the factory is operating, or is it still under lockdown? HELP! 🤠

(Of course I support all precautionary measures, safety of Gibson workers is first!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am sure that they have resumed production, but Gibson did shut down (initially, for what was planned to be two weeks) in mid March. 


https://www.gibson.com/News/Gibson-Operations-In-US-Temporarily-Closed

It makes sense, therefore, that there would be a hiccup in the supply, if the demand remained the same. 
😑

Edited by sparquelito
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in Australia and ordered a new 1957 SJ-200 Vintage Sunburst on Feb 6th this year - ETA back then was 4 to 6 months possibly more - well a lot happened since then so I'm not quite sure when to expect delivery now. I did see Wildwood Guitars had one last week but it's already gone!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rct said:

 

You know you want one.

rct

Had one and a BB King.  I want another D-18. Or a 00-18 like Steve Howe has.

I did the same thing you did after the big cheeses at Gibson made Mark A. their taking puppet, and were and still are gonna sue everyone who makes guitars that have strings.

http://imgur.com/7EojopJ

http://imgur.com/Iye0acU

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Thanx for this, I actually bought one. The thinking goes "If I can't have all of the Gibsons, then I'll at least try to get some of them". 🙂

Nice.. What did you go for?   Those single pup DCs are awfully tempting at that price aren't they  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rabs said:

Nice.. What did you go for?   Those single pup DCs are awfully tempting at that price aren't they  🙂

I got a LP special tribute DC with two P-90s. I cannot believe the prices are so low, like35% below list price. I've never before played a P-90 guitar, so this will be something for the history books. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

I got a LP special tribute DC with two P-90s. I cannot believe the prices are so low, like35% below list price. I've never before played a P-90 guitar, so this will be something for the history books. 🙂

Ohh nice..  By they way they do seem to have some nice 335s on offer too 😄 https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/gibson/es-335/

I have had one of those DCs since about 2009.  AMAZING guitars...  The necks are really fast and fun to play and P90s absolutely rock and its a lightish guitar which also makes it more fun ti play. Put it this way. Whenever one of my guitar playing friends come round that's always the guitar they go straight for (and I have three other Les Pauls as well as this on display)

This is my one

fXyOMFy.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

Ohh nice..  By they way they do seem to have some nice 335s on offer too 😄 https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/gibson/es-335/

I have had one of those DCs since about 2009.  AMAZING guitars...  The necks are really fast and fun to play and P90s absolutely rock and its a lightish guitar which also makes it more fun ti play. Put it this way. Whenever one of my guitar playing friends come round that's always the guitar they go straight for (and I have three other Les Pauls as well as this on display)

This is my one
...

The red ES-335s are not in stock, but "available for order". I have made an order with my local Gibson-approved distributor, and will wait as long as I have to. Hope I get it while I'm still young.  No joking allowed with such treasures! 

Great PIC of a great LP DC, I ordered one of those. Looks like a workhorse guitar, just for playing day & night.

EDIT: the one on the picture is different with respect to the pickguard and tailpiece, and also has 4 volume/tone controls. Mine will have only 2, with a wraparound bridge.

Edited by OrdinaryNimda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a pic of my new 2019 Les Paul Special Tribute DC "Blue Stain". The cheapest Gibson I ever bought.

Mark Agnesi (does he read the forum?) was absolutely right, when he said this guitar is NO FRILLS. But what does that mean?

  • no fuzz or rattle on a new guitar taken directly out of the gigbag;
  • perfect 100% intonation, looks like the wraparound bridge does the trick;
  • visually, the neck is text-book straight, no crooked frets or ugly "tongue"

Just perfect for playing. The only "complaint" is an extremely dry fretboard, after a year in some warehouse.  Lemon Oil took care of that pronto. Thanx Gibson, for a great first-contact experience. I bow in admiration & respect. Can't wait for the ES-335! 

GibsonLPSpecialTributeDC_20200609.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sweet.. Nice one.. I do like the blue ones.. And the brown ones.. Err and the red ones  😄 

They are just really fun guitars to play... Theres just something about a slab body Gibson and P90s... Its just right....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE on the ES-335 epic story: the first to contact me was Sweetwater, saying they finally have them in stock and available for ordering.  Let's not forget it's July 3rd and a day off for a lot of businesses. Obviously we have a winner here among all the retailers! 😎 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, OrdinaryNimda said:

UPDATE on the ES-335 epic story: the first to contact me was Sweetwater, saying they finally have them in stock and available for ordering.  Let's not forget it's July 3rd and a day off for a lot of businesses. Obviously we have a winner here among all the retailers! 😎 

 

Theres a nicely priced 335 studio here at Reidys uk

https://www.reidys.com/electric-guitars-c14/gibson-es-335-studio-wine-red-p7335/s7745?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=gibson-es-335-studio-wine-red-0000000300636&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQjwl4v4BRDaARIsAFjATPl9nc1qEmkCK_T7g3F1FlIGogCEdE6J-ooDIKavhvnH24-XxuX2Ry0aAoZTEALw_wcB

Its the same finish as my 339 (wine). I could go for this myself if it was similarly speced. 

Edited by merciful-evans
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...