Gibson Brands Forums

A Blues On My J50....

BluesKing777

Thanks KC!

It will be interesting to compare my 2002 J50 to the new 50s models if they arrive here, and the 60s models like yours. The guy at the shop said he expected some of more standard priced models possibly in mid June. Mine has a chunky neck that I have not played on any modern Gibson.

The Anthem pickup is sounding great too! Next big test would be playing it through my friend’s PA when lockdown here ends.....

BluesKing777.

Thanks North Country!

I was changing the strings on my custom Cargill and the only thing it has in common with the J50 is.......he has put the strings on himself instead of the assistant and he puts the cursed lock and twist of the string on the tuning machines! The fat strings are tricky to remove but the skinnies are plain deadly....on the fat strings I can get a fingernail or pliers under the hook and lift the rest out of its clutches. But the skinny strings need my magnifying glass, pliers and the fear of being impaled...again. The magnifying glass and the pliers are so old that I went to a hardware and bought new ones today! 

BluesKing777.