Gibson Brands Forums

Pickups.

SG dude

Hey! Been looking over some threads about pickups. I was just wondering which is your favourites??

57's and A.Y are together as some people (including me for some time) use the A.Y with the 57 classic(neck) and may like to vote for both.

I personally dont know the differences between burstbuckers and burstbucker pro's so they are in the same line.

Is you use a mix of pups, choose your fave then say what other ones you like if you want.

SG dude

I LOVE the 57's in my ES-339, so I voted for them.

My SG has the ceremics, and they are very hot, made for a nasty mix back when I played the Marshall JCM900 4100. With the Boogie they're a little cleaner. With the Prosonic's cascading gain, boom, nasty again!

Murph.

Mine has the "Dirty Fingers" pick-ups coil tapped and I like the way they sound. A look on the GIbson site says they should only be used in the bridge position but I have them as standard in both positions so either Gibson make both Neck and Bridge versions or I have a pick up designed for bridge in the neck. Either way they sound good to me.

The AY or the '57 Plus at the bridge with a '57 at the neck. Perfect bite' date=' good balance.

H-Bomb[/quote']

Agreed!

In my Les Paul I prefer two 57s. In my other SG it´s a P94T and an old (1984) PAF at the neck. But my favourite ist the A.Y..

Greetings

Kurt

Archived