Gibson Brands Forums

'Breathe'

Was intending to learn something else entirely the other night and went down the rabbit hole Pink Floyd's 'Breathe', which I had never really thought to play on acoustic guitar.  I thought I'd throw up a snippet of my progress .  (There is a bit of vocal on the track, the first time I've ever posted vocals any vocals online!).   Played on my 2011 mahogany Blues King  with bare fingers, Elixir 80/20 Custom Lights, tuned down half a step. 

https://soundcloud.com/user-839148534/breathe

Edited by northcntryblues

Nice! I agree with others and like your playing style. Very smooth and relaxing without losing any of the tune. Again, nice!

That's a great one to play on a Sunday morning, such as this. I've heard the radio edit for so long, which is Breathe - Time - Breath Reprise blended back to back to back. I put together a chord chart to match and played that one as one of my few early start to finish songs when I began this journey.

Anyhow, your next song (REM Losing My Religion) started playing after Breathe was done. That was nice, too, and your style very much works for it as well. I never thought to to that one in a picking style. Kudos!

Sorry about my delay in listening to your song, “ Breathe”.  Its sometimes hard to keep up with all the posted music, but I’m working on doing so even if I don’t always post a response.   Keep the music coming.  

You really captured Pink Floyd’s essence well on the song with your guitar work and then your vocals.   Great guitar and vocal phrasing.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

On 5/30/2020 at 8:38 PM, northcntryblues said:

Was intending to learn something else entirely the other night and went down the rabbit hole Pink Floyd's 'Breathe', which I had never really thought to play on acoustic guitar.  I thought I'd throw up a snippet of my progress .  (There is a bit of vocal on the track, the first time I've ever posted vocals any vocals online!).   Played on my 2011 mahogany Blues King  with bare fingers, Elixir 80/20 Custom Lights, tuned down half a step. 

https://soundcloud.com/user-839148534/breathe

Very well done..I really like it..Thanks for posting it and welcome to the forum...a  lot of good people on here..