Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson really are the good guys

SteveFord

From donating instruments to tornado victims to this email they sent out yesterday, I'm really proud of this company.

This is also on their main page.

June 1st, 2020

For over 100 years we have supported voices across generations, genders, races, religions, and movements.  We’ve supported voices of peace and change.  Voices of love and heartbreak.  Voices of solidarity and solutions.  

Today we are truly at a crossroads that will require the courage to make these voices, and our voices, matter even more.  Racism should have no place in this world.  Not in the past, the present, nor the future.  Ever.  

It’s time, again, to be heard.  

Musicians and music have always found ways to inspire hope, drive change, and evolve culture in a positive way.  So, let’s get through this crossroads together by uniting in our efforts to wipe out racism.  

We hear you.  We support you.  We stand with you.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

James ‘JC’ Curleigh
President & CEO 
Gibson Brands  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Let's stop both sadistic cops, criminals AND looting/vandalism. 

That'd be something. 

That said... I'm fairly conservative for a longhair, but if a guy is on that much fentanyl, do you really need to restrict him that hard?

The answer, however, is unlikely to be attacking random white guys or burning down stores. That'll FAN the flames. 

I'm seriously starting to believe that the only hope for unity (I don't just mean the race stuff) if is everyone is as into music as I am. I've never seen anything work better when it comes to uniting people. 

• Like 3

And while it is of course up to everyone if they want to hashtag everything, please remember that it's infinitely more important to decent to others in everyday life than on your phone. 

Then of course your phone, these days, is real life to probably the majority of people. 

Wait, what did I just do? I went on the Internet to say that real life is more important than the Internet. For you to read on the... Internet. 

I'll have to atone by watching an 80s movie on VHS tonight, or something. 

For penance you need to sit in your van and have your 8-track of Golden Earring playing  Radar Love got eaten by the machine.

I'll do my part by taking a nap and then play the guitar for a bit.  Can't get into too much mischief doing that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Plus Plus !

Thanks, I'll give you one to. 

7 hours ago, SteveFord said:

For penance you need to sit in your van and have your 8-track of Golden Earring playing  Radar Love got eaten by the machine.

I'll do my part by taking a nap and then play the guitar for a bit.  Can't get into too much mischief doing that.

I've  forgotten how to do double posts.  Had to think about this for awhile, Anyway, Still remember those days cruising up and down Broadway with my Cuda playing 8 tracks. Those were the days. Radar Love was one of my favorites.  Remember Black Oak Arkansas? At least I think thats what they were called.  Jim Dandy to the Rescue. 

It’s good that Gibson has this kind of approach to things.  Of course (and I’m not dogging Gibson), everyone is saying similar things right now.  .  Personally, I think that all lives matter.  Black, white brown, yellow., etc—-ALL LIVES!.  if saying “all” makes me a racist in someone’s eyes, I think they got more problems than I do..   I think if someone can only say the lives of one group matter, then for them it’s a political issue, not a human issue.   They need to read The FBI Crime Statistics and have their eyes opened..   Not all cops are killers (and it’s the most thankless job in the world), not all blacks are criminals, not all whites are racists, not all gun owners shoot people (in fact extremely few), not all Italians are in The Mafia, and so on with all the other crap that our different human tribes make-up about each other.  .......  I’ve got a white cop who lives next to us and a black firefighter/Iraq vet across the street.   They believe these rioters and arsonists should be dealt with harshly and that the people who truly want to protest peacefully should head home  when the criminals show-up.   Otherwise, The creeps hide within the ranks of the good people and honoring the death of a man is trivialized by the violence........  Fortunately, I think the country is actually seeing what’s going-on and how we got to this point and how decades-and-decades of corrupt politicians and corrupt unions have led to corrupt police officers, corrupt layers and the bad cops still on the streets..  Also, it’s exposing how so many of our schools have absolutely failed the young people.  Anyway, that’s kind of how I look at things as a retired white guy who dated a hispanic girl in high school and a hot black chick in college and then ended-up marrying a gal who came here as a one-year-old immigrant from Poland after WWII.  And if all this offends somebody, screw them and the horse they rode in on.  We’re never all going to sit around a camp fire and sing songs....unless we’re all playing guitars.

Edited by MissouriPicker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

If you read Gibson's PR letter about racism and respond with "looting/vandalism" .... You might be a redneck. 

89e4e074e0313d87e1801193375f78ec.jpg

And if you don't think there has been any looting or vandalism since the rioting started, you might be an idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

we  know all lives matter, I think the people of colour just want us to say       ,without qualifying,            that          BLACK  LIVES  MATTER.      Then have the other conversations. I started with similar thoughts  about "all lives " but I think I get it now.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

For God's sake. If you actually read my entire post, you would see that I'm not siding with the police here at all. 

And didn't you shut down the Covid thread when you wouldn't stop acting like a jerk to Black Dog? 

Stop acting like a jerk to people. You're implying all sorts of things about me, none of which are true, and then you're sneering and being very condescending. Seems to me you've joined this forum mainly to antagonize people on subjects that have nothing to do with guitars. 

Edited by Pinch
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pinch said:

For God's sake. If you actually read my entire post, you would see that I'm not siding with the police here at all. 

And didn't you shut down the Covid thread when you wouldn't stop acting like a jerk to Black Dog? 

Stop acting like a jerk to people. You're implying all sorts of things about me, none of which are true, and then you're sneering and being very condescending. Seems to me you've joined this forum mainly to antagonize people on subjects that have nothing to do with guitars. 

Your absolutely right but where do you think a thread like this would go?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your absolutely right but where do you think a thread like this would go?

South. Fast. Guess I was right. 

I'm half-expecting someone to take that and read into it that I'm a Southern right-winger. 

Edited by Pinch

16 minutes ago, Pinch said:

South. Fast. Guess I was right. 

I'm half-expecting someone to take that and read into it that I'm a Southern right-winger. 

I have no clue what being on the left or right means. I know career politicians should be ousted from office. Do we need keep senior citizens in Washington DC in office who are one step away from p-ooing into a depends diaper around to get a free paycheck for doing absolutely nothing telling me I'm a bad person. I already know I'm a bad seed.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, ghost_of_fl said:

The original sentiment above.  You're off topic going on about "looting" "attacking random white guys" and "burning down stores".   

Yeah but those idiot looters don't  realize they are doing it to people in their own community and probably looting from African American store owners.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

The original sentiment above.  You're off topic going on about "looting" "attacking random white guys" and "burning down stores".   

I was merely pointing out that some activities I have seen reported might be counterproductive, and that it's important that people do not lose their heads in these chaotic times if we're to make progress. 

I did not mean to offend anyone. But seeing as everything's offensive to everyone 24/7 these days, I guess I should've realized someone would go through the roof and trot out "redneck" and so on. 

12 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Guy on the left looks like he plays an SG, the guy in the middle looks like he plays a Les Paul, and I wouldn't put it past the guy on the right to play a Modern V?

Edited by Pinch
  • Like 1