Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson really are the good guys

SteveFord

no we wont end it, but Im not afraid to talk about it, and you dont have to comment if you dont like the topic,. Also I respond to  posts  that speak to ( or at )  or quote me personally.

thanks for trying Gibson   we got a tuff crowd here  .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Why don't you guys PM each other and fukin argue with each other.

You two guys aren't going to end racism arguing about it on a guitar forum let's get serious.

I think they will. I'm "woke" now. 

I am serious.FIGHT RACISM!!   When I grew up  jokes I told and heard were often centered around other ethnicities and people of colour, I didnt realise they wernt funny to those people,I didnt understand racism,  I do now and am trying to understand,  racism isnt allways blatant,  sometimes subtle can be just as hurtfull. Thanks to my ol man for playing Harry Belafonte, now I am learning what a lot of his songs were about,    "we can be better"  Jim

Edited by jvi
addition
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jvi said:

I am serious.FIGHT RACISM!!   When I grew up  jokes I told and heard were often centered around other ethnicities and people of colour, I didnt realise they wernt funny to those people,I didnt understand racism,  I do now and am trying to understand,  racism isnt allways blatant,  sometimes subtle can be just as hurtfull. Thanks to my ol man for playing Harry Belafonte, now I am learning what a lot of his songs were about,    "we can be better"  Jim

Look anyone who thinks racism is good is obviously a tool. But like I said a guitar forum and you to instigators are not solving it here. PM each other or get on F-agbook and hash it out where the left and right sing kumbaya together.  Oh and by the way f-ag is a Brit term for cigarette. You Canucks may use it to.

34 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Look anyone who thinks racism is good is obviously a tool. But like I said a guitar forum and you to instigators are not solving it here. PM each other or get on F-agbook and hash it out where the left and right sing kumbaya together.  Oh and by the way f-ag is a Brit term for cigarette. You Canucks may use it to.

THE TOPIC WAS POSTED HERE-- YOU ARE WELCOME SOMEWHERE BUT NOT HERE

calling people fags aint cool even subtley

Edited by jvi
addition

10 minutes ago, jvi said:

THE TOPIC WAS POSTED HERE-- YOU ARE WELCOME SOMEWHERE BUT NOT HERE

You are welcome but how many time you you and ghost have to regurgitate the same stuff?

Lurking

Rascism

Systemic

J-ackass 

Then it you guys repeat it. Like I said take it offline and or meet up in an alley way and hash it out like men.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You are welcome but how many time you you and ghost have to regurgitate the same stuff?

Lurking

Rascism

Systemic

J-ackass 

Then it you guys repeat it. Like I said take it offline and or meet up in an alley way and hash it out like men.

your repeating yourself off topic again in a topic you dont like

4 minutes ago, jvi said:

your repeating yourself off topic again in a topic you dont like

You don't get it do you. You 2 are like 2 brothers at the playground fighting for moms attention.

I live in the South and see racism. I know its bad. Do you want me to sign a document stating so.  Go solve Canada's problems. 

The US was way behind signing the Civil Rights act is '64 why did your great country wait till '77.

racism in Canada is how I know it exists, seeing world news shows how big it is , the intent of this topic was ,I think, to say yes its bad  lets try to be better, slamming me and Canada dosnt hurt me or help further the topic

45 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Let me get this straight: you're the one who says you used to tell racist jokes... and yet Sgt. Pepper is somehow the bad guy?

Look pinch, this guy just comes here to stir up controversy. I could say the sky is blue and he would argue about it and that ghost dude is his just as polar opposite.

• Haha 1

I have no idea what you guys are squabbling about.

My only point in posting it here was to say that I'm proud to own products made my a company that's willing to stand up for what's right.

They could have just kept their mouths shut but they didn't, they were willing to take a stand: here is our position.  Good for them.

Carry on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

I have no idea what you guys are squabbling about.

My only point in posting it here was to say that I'm proud to own products made my a company that's willing to stand up for what's right.

They could have just kept their mouths shut but they didn't, they were willing to take a stand: here is our position.  Good for them.

Carry on.

It's a good statment.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Look pinch, this guy just comes here to stir up controversy. I could say the sky is blue and he would argue about it and that ghost dude is his just as polar opposite.

The sky is gender-neutral. 

...or is it? 

If not, something needs to be done. And fast. 

Okay, that was perhaps a bit off topic. 

Edited by Pinch

1 minute ago, Pinch said:

The sky is gender-neutral. 

...or is it? 

If not, something needs to be done. And fast. 

I work with a guy who everything has to be gender neutral. UC Berkeley taught him that and he wont shut up about it. I don't care what anyone says Bruce Jenner is a man. You can put on a dress and heels and lipstick and get fake boo-bs, but you can't change your chromosomes. 

20 minutes ago, jvi said:

still clicking each others likes while destroying threads 24 hours a day ? you guys should get a room

I'm going to PM you and ask you what I can and can't post and ask you how I should live as a human, cuz it 53, I don't know what to do. I just wander around all day bumping into things.

I like you repurposed my line. I guess you can't come up with your own insults.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm going to PM you and ask you what I can and can't post and ask you how I should live as a human, cuz it 53, I don't know what to do. I just wander around all day bumping into things.

I like you repurposed my line. I guess you can't come up with your own insults.

you dont like trolls but you seem to be one, I tried to keep the talk on racism but you and your lovers just like to disrupt and you dont even sleep, so brush your teeth and wipe yer bum and troll on

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, jvi said:

you dont like trolls but you seem to be one, I tried to keep the talk on racism but you and your lovers just like to disrupt and you dont even sleep, so brush your teeth and wipe yer bum and troll on

I'm off to buy a guitar while you solve the worlds problems. Back in a few.