Gibson Brands Forums

brad1

Yesterday morning I was quite excited when I saw that the recent Guitar I purchased on Reverb was "On the Truck for Delivery".  Don't you love that phrase?

Anyway, I made sure to stay around home all day, as a signature was required and I didn't want to find a sticker on my door telling me they came by.

Well,  9 pm came and went, and as it got close to 10 pm I realized my guitar was not going to be here as promised.

Got up this morning to see a new date and time for delivery.  It is supposed to here today by 9 pm. Like it was yesterday.

So now I'm going to hang around here again all day long, and maybe get my guitar. Who knows. I have tried to get in contact with them, but I keep getting "Virtual Assistants" and other forms of the runaround.

So I thought this might be a good topic.  How many of you have been waiting for a guitar, or some gear, to arrive and...well....it doesn't, or it's late, or it's not what it is supposed to be or the condition it is supposed to be in.

Misery loves company. Keep me company. [smile]

Guess I've done it enough to see the early tracking warning signs and quell my anticipation. Sounds like UPS, with the 10PM window. Might have had it happen once or twice in 10yrs of internet guitar trading. UPS 'My Choice' gives better updating, if you actually have a UPS account.

Shipping is the most stressful part of the game, coming or going. I always send US Postal Service, cuz they don't seem rushed, like the other two do. I'm awaiting a final payment on a sweet old Guild that I'm sending to Maine, and I'll be taking an extended trading break after it gets there safely. The undercurrent of stress from living in these times is scratching at my brain, so it'll be a welcome reduction in things that aggravate me.

Guess you'll get yours today, as I've never experienced more than a 1 day bump.

What did you buy?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jedzep said:

Guess I've done it enough to see the early tracking warning signs and quell my anticipation. Sounds like UPS, with the 10PM window. Might have had it happen once or twice in 10yrs of internet guitar trading. UPS 'My Choice' gives better updating, if you actually have a UPS account.

Shipping is the most stressful part of the game, coming or going. I always send US Postal Service, cuz they don't seem rushed, like the other two do. I'm awaiting a final payment on a sweet old Guild that I'm sending to Maine, and I'll be taking an extended trading break after it gets there safely. The undercurrent of stress from living in these times is scratching at my brain, so it'll be a welcome reduction in things that aggravate me.

Guess you'll get yours today, as I've never experienced more than a 1 day bump.

What did you buy?

It's Federal Express actually. 

It is an Ibanez AR420VLS Tobacco-burst. 2012. 

I only have that issue with FedEx. The driver also likes leaving packages for other people at my house too. At Christmas time I feel like Santa delivering all these packages. Same jerk...

Edited by Big Bill
  • Like 1

Ah Brad that sucks,  I hope it arrives soon .  With all the stores still closed, everyone is buying online. 

I heard Sweetwater alone was booking $6,000,000 a day in sales as of a bout 2 weeks back

!!A DAY!!

My wife talked to the FED EX guy for the welding shop she works in the office for Friday. 

Some of these guys are clocking 80 hours a week.   When do they sleep? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Ah Brad that sucks,  I hope it arrives soon .  With all the stores still closed, everyone is buying online. 

I heard Sweetwater alone was booking $6,000,000 a day in sales as of a bout 2 weeks back

!!A DAY!!

My wife talked to the FED EX guy for the welding shop she works in the office for Friday. 

Some of these guys are clocking 80 hours a week.   When do they sleep? 

Yeah I'm not too upset. I figured they were busy as hell.  So I understand. 

Its almost noon.... and nothin' yet

Finally!!!! Got here about 5:30. 

Had to adjust TR and lowered bridge some. I've played it for about 15 minutes and I'm pretty happy. Needs new strings. And I like 10s but 9s are on them now.  Very nice flame on it  

Definitely not a Gibson. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Had to adjust TR and lowered bridge some. I've played it for about 15 minutes and I'm pretty happy. Needs new strings. And I like 10s but 9s are on them now.  Very nice flame on it  

Definitely not a Gibson. 

17 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Definitely not a Gibson. 

Great, and happy you played it. Never heard of 9's coming on a guitar unless it's used?  Oh Brad, You're familiar with the old saying here aren't you?  Pictures, or it didn't happen! Lol. 

Edited by Retired
misspelled word
  • Like 1

It's a 2012 Ibanez AR420 VLS in Tobacco-Burst.

Got it on Reverb with a brand new HSC for $450.  Super Happy with it.  Those 3-tone switches are pretty cool.

I've been looking at these for a long time. Aesthetically, I have always admired them. The finish is great, and I like the abalone inlays also. But I have to say, this thing is built very solid. The p/u switch and the two  3-tone switches are very good switches. You can tell they are solidly built and work very well for a 8 year old guitar. There is tarnish on the gold plating, but that does not bother me (like it does some folks). You can really get a lot of great tones with this guitar.[smile]

biX9eTm.jpg?1Kn7hhem.jpg?1n5PQ2Z2.jpg?1w48NIPV.jpg?1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kidblast said:

nice Brad..  I suppose this is one of the newer / reissued Artists? 

The ones that were coming out of Japan in the late 70s were things of beauty.   Probably worth a kings ransom now too.

Thanks! It's a 2012.  Got it on Reverb  

Wasn't the world supposed to end that year?

Its my Armageddon guitar! 😃

21 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Thanks! It's a 2012.  Got it on Reverb  

Wasn't the world supposed to end that year?

Its my Armageddon guitar! 😃

That is pretty sweet, always had a chubby for one of those.

My son said just last night that the Mayans might have been 8 years off the mark... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Bill said:

That is pretty sweet, always had a chubby for one of those.

My son said just last night that the Mayans might have been 8 years off the mark... 

Your son sounds like a pretty smart person.

But I hope it was much further off than that![smile]

Looks like a nice piece.  Not familiar with Ibanez at all - I think I held a LP copy by them back in the 70s once and wasn't impressed but that one looks cool with the double cut.  

Maybe it's because I am closer to Tennessee where I believe both UPS and FedEx are based, but I've never run into the delay or extra day on delivery from either of them.  Anyway glad you finally got it and it sounds like it was worth the wait.

• Like 1

Congrats, very sweeet.  Feels like it has an 'old soul' vibe to it to me, love way the bridge is attached (birdge is probably the wrong term, but where that 3 screw connector end is..)  Enjoy - rock on!

Edited by uncle fester
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, uncle fester said:

Congrats, very sweeet.  Feels like it has an 'old soul' vibe to it to me, love way the bridge is attached (birdge is probably the wrong term, but where that 3 screw connector end is..)  Enjoy - rock on!

Thank you. Yeah, that ornamental tailpiece is kinda cool. 😃

9 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Very cool, enjoy it!

I've been waiting for about a month for two hats to show up from Europe.  One of them made it to Chicago and that's as far as it got.

The other one, who knows.  

Thanks. 

That sucks about your hats.  

Wow, Thanks Brad. Ive been so tired working out in the heat here last 2 days, I was going to hit the bed after talking to Rob on a email.  Then I thought, Check the Gibson Board.  Glad I did as that is one gorgeous guitar.  Be proud of it and enjoy playing it, I would. 

• Like 1