Gibson Brands Forums

Weird Weather

brad1

Today is predicted to be 79 °F in the Great City of Sacramento, California. That is not surprising at all.

But 2 days ago it was 104 °F !  And a week before that it was in the low 70s.

This is the weirdest weather I can remember experiencing.

Anybody else having some Weird Weather?

5 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Today is predicted to be 79 °F in the Great City of Sacramento, California. That is not surprising at all.

But 2 days ago it was 104 °F !  And a week before that it was in the low 70s.

This is the weirdest weather I can remember experiencing.

Anybody else having some Weird Weather?

It's been crazy all over.  We've had huge storms come through, tornado warnings once (and that never happens here) it was winter until about 2 weeks ago, and then summer - 1 day of spring.  Had more than a couple days in the 60's over the winter, when it should of been in the 20s.  Wierd.  

One of my favorite things I heard:  'Never thought I'd be worrying about murder hornets getting caught in my maks as I shovel snow in May... '

23 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Sacto is hot. Lived in SJ for years.

Absolutely !

But the nice thing is how much it can cool down in the evenings with that "delta breeze" blowing in from the Bay.  It can be 104 in daytime. And cool down to 70 at night. That's one reason I'm still here after 33 years!

Just had a flash storm come through and watched an old pine tree come down - probably 100 ft tall anyways.  Kids were playing wiffle ball right next to it, We were watching them play in the rain storm...  they scattered quick when we heard the first crack.  As an aside tree used to be on the border of my yard and my neighbors...  fell into my neighbors though.

It's been like that here all along. June is usually pretty nice here,  so far its been in the 50's to 70's but June jacked it up to the upper 70's and into the upper 90's the last several days. Today was 93 with a heat index of 102 and tomorrow is to hit 96. The heat isn't really as bad as the humidity though and thats usually pretty high here. Now we have the cover 19 and the heat to keep us inside, Haha. 

Edited by Retired
I need to lear to spell or edit first Haha.