Gibson Brands Forums

New Masterbuilt AJ ME 45...all guitars vary

telebrent99

Always wanted a round shoulder dred and now I have one. Really like the sound and action without any changes. Changed strings and had a devil of a time removing the bridge pins.  Tried some graph tech traditional pins that I already had, and they fit only halfway down. So took it to my tech to have holes reamed and install some Santa Cruz low tension strings.  Adjusted the tuners and lubed them and it will be good to go when the work is completed. In comparison my re-imagined D-28 has taken me a year to get right. But it has the sound I have been seeking for many years and was not going back. Having owned many guitars (including a Gibson Southern Jumbo) over my 47 years of playing, I  love this Epiphone. I bonded right away with the Epiphone and the Martin(and I owned a D-28 previously) .So I say each one must be played by you to see if it is a fit. And I like to try many brands of strings as they all sound differently.

• 1 month later...

I have had mine a couple of years now, it continues to improve.  It is the best sounding guitar I have owned.  When I bought it new that was not the case.  It was OK, but it has really broken in with playing.  I have not changed anything but strings.  Action was great "out of the box".  It's the first all solid wood guitar for me, it sold me on the idea. 

It taught me that sometimes you buy looking forward to what it could be.  There is some risk, as not every guitar will turn out to be a great one.

I assume he meant $20 on the bridge work?

14 hours ago, Seagull said:

I have had mine a couple of years now, it continues to improve.  It is the best sounding guitar I have owned.  When I bought it new that was not the case.  It was OK, but it has really broken in with playing.  I have not changed anything but strings.  Action was great "out of the box".  It's the first all solid wood guitar for me, it sold me on the idea. 

It taught me that sometimes you buy looking forward to what it could be.  There is some risk, as not every guitar will turn out to be a great one.

I assume he meant $20 on the bridge work?

I think you’re right about the $20!

QM aka “ Jazzman” Jeff

• 1 month later...