Gibson Brands Forums

original strings

Roxx

On 6/11/2020 at 1:59 PM, Roxx said:

I don't think I got my message across very well. I was just reporting about the longevity of my original Gibson strings and how happy I was that they are still ringing out loud and clear after several hundred hours of playing. I don't gig with this guitar and only use to record with. I am curious as well as studying the life of the strings under heavy use. I don't have a whammy on my Les Paul but I do a lot of string bending.  I have several guitars and I do change strings as needed. I am experimenting and think it is unique to still be able to rock out with the original strings I got from the factory. If for any reason that they get worn and go tone dead whatsoever, I will put a new set on. I will of course use the Gibson electrics as they have proved as good as any other strings I have used in the past 50 years.

As a kid, I had no idea strings were to be changed often.  I only changed them if they broke, Lol.  Fret buzz or not, never a truss rod tweet or bridge height adjustment. Played them for years that way. Now at home I change strings every month or two  rather they need it or not and do a setup on them.  They always sound better than before.  Guess I learned that from the guys here that gig.  Rabs has helped me out a lot too. 

On 6/13/2020 at 7:55 AM, ghost_of_fl said:

Not to get all political or anything but - this stuff was ART.  Like Gone With the Wind.  They always taught us in school, "those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it".  It's sad when art gets swept under the rug because it makes people uncomfortable.  Anyone heard from Fat Albert lately? 

3KemJ9Zr.jpg

I think Fat Albert prefers Ernie Ball Super Slinky's. 

Fat Albert! I remember Bill Cosby from the old days doing jokes before he ever went on TV.  He was hilarious. Miss the old cartoons also. They had some good ones growing up in the 50's and 60's. 

2 minutes ago, Retired said:

Fat Albert! I remember Bill Cosby from the old days doing jokes before he ever went on TV.  He was hilarious. Miss the old cartoons also. They had some good ones growing up in the 50's and 60's. 

Buck Buck

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Retired said:

Yeah, Remember Buck Buck. That was hilarious.  At the end: "Wait a minute, I give. He aint" falling on me!" Haha.

Used to listen to those old Cosby comedy albums. Who puts the dip sign 5 feet before you get to the dip.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Used to listen to those old Cosby comedy albums. Who puts the dip sign 5 feet before you get to the dip.

I can still remember I was watching Popeye, and he just ate the spinach to beat up Brutus and save Olive Oil. Mom called me to come eat lunch.  I must have been 3 or 4?  Not in kindergarten yet. Dad was sitting at the table waiting  for me to come and as I passed by him I saw he had a tinny hole in his t shirt.  Mom had served spinach. I ate up quickly, got out of my chair and made a fist like Popeye. Then grabbed that hole and ripped his shirt off his back. Haha. "Yep, Strong to the finish Mom, I yelled!  She was laughing and he was ticked. She wouldn't let him spank me for that and told him, thats what you get for wearing a holy shirt to the table! 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, fortyearspickn said:

Yeah, but  the Culture Warriors at Warner Brothers  took his gun away last week.  

Seriously?! 

Okay, we are now officially in "1984". The Ministry of Truth re-wrote history daily. 

This has gone too far. 

On 6/11/2020 at 1:59 PM, Roxx said:

I don't think I got my message across very well. I was just reporting about the longevity of my original Gibson strings and how happy I was that they are still ringing out loud and clear after several hundred hours of playing. I don't gig with this guitar and only use to record with. I am curious as well as studying the life of the strings under heavy use. I don't have a whammy on my Les Paul but I do a lot of string bending.  I have several guitars and I do change strings as needed. I am experimenting and think it is unique to still be able to rock out with the original strings I got from the factory. If for any reason that they get worn and go tone dead whatsoever, I will put a new set on. I will of course use the Gibson electrics as they have proved as good as any other strings I have used in the past 50 years.

I do believe I will order some of these Gibson strings then, and give them a try. 

It would appear that the strings on your 2019 Modern are the Gibson Brite Wire 'Reinforced' nickels.
According to Mark Agnesi anyway. 
0.10's, surely. 

See timestamp 0:26 for the description and images of those very guitar strings. 

I'm ordering right now. 
Amazon has them for nine bucks. 

It'll be a fun experiment, and I'll compare them to the Ernie Ball Primo Slinky's that I normally use. 
🙂

Edited by sparquelito

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

Seriously?! 

Okay, we are now officially in "1984". The Ministry of Truth re-wrote history daily. 

This has gone too far. 

Too bad it wasn't the Ministry Of Silly Walks.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper