Gibson Brands Forums

John Cruz got canned at Fender

Mr. Gibson

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

John Cruz got canned for something he posted on Facebook, freedom of speech is going to be a thing of the past if this shiit keeps up.

Fukk you fender I'm going to ignore my fender products for 10 minutes,that'll show ya.lol

Yeah I'm not gonna touch my Martin just in case CFM IV opens his yap.

10 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

John Cruz got canned for something he posted on Facebook, freedom of speech is going to be a thing of the past if this shiit keeps up.

Fukk you fender I'm going to ignore my fender products for 10 minutes,that'll show ya.lol

a few months ago I gave my daughter my '72 Strat that I've had since '74. few weeks ago I sold my "Performer" Seafoam green Strat. for the 1st time in 46 yrs, I'm Fenderless ... 

3 minutes ago, Karloff said:

a few months ago I gave my daughter my '72 Strat that I've had since '74. few weeks ago I sold my "Performer" Seafoam green Strat. for the 1st time in 46 yrs, I'm Fenderless ... 

I own half of a Fender. My '95 American Standard J Bass needed a new neck and I got Warmoth replacement. 

In this country (USA) we have freedom of speech, but I don't believe hate speech is protected.

If he was fired for being a twit that seems harsh in these days of counselling services etc to re-educate staff - especially when it's for foolishness rather than physical violence or intimidation or whatever. Not condoning his insensitive and stupid  actions, but seems harsh to get fired.

Of course Gregor Fris (?) could have quietly and quickly contacted Fender to voice his concerns, but heck, that's not half as self important as calling the bloke out publicly on farcebook.

Edited by 'Scales
  • Like 1

I strolled right into the Kustomme Shoppe like I owned the joint.  Was going in to see the pallets of blank woods, see how nice theirs were compared to USA and Mexico.  Not.  A.  Soul.  Nobody.  6, 8 benches maybe?  All neat and tidy, tools stowed, nothing on any benches.  Nobody around, on a random Tuesday.  It would have been nice to see some of these jokers trying to get a tele jack out or something important but no, nothing.  Tumbleweeds.

rct

When I had a Dodge Ram pickup,  I use to tie a  Santa Claus on the front grill with his arms and legs spread out -  looking like I'd run into him and he got plastered to the grill.  I thought it was funny - compared to the people who put antlers on their side windows anyway.     I did this for a half dozen years. Never got one single complaint.   I guess I was offending the wrong people.  

1st Amendment protects you from the government not your employer. There's no laws that keep us from being asswholes.  I lock down my FB page so that the only people that see my insanity is the people that I trust.  

Edited by Big Bill
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

When I had a Dodge Ram pickup,  I use to tie a  Santa Claus on the front grill with his arms and legs spread out -  looking like I'd run into him and he got plastered to the grill.  I thought it was funny - compared to the people who put antlers on their side windows anyway.     I did this for a half dozen years. Never got one single complaint.   I guess I was offending the wrong people.  

What kind of feedback would you have gotten if you'd used Jesus' likeness?

29 minutes ago, kidblast said:

well, if you want to get TECHNICAL and all........  but this is hardly comparable to what goes on in twitter and facebook

T-watter and Farcebook. I am not on. I do have an Imugr acct to post photos here.

I was on FarceBook several years ago.  Probably took 5 or 6 months before I realized it was like swimming in a cesspool.  Got off, tried to delete everything.  Wouldn't even think of Twitter. 

Human Resources weenies -  Employment 'professionals'  use to call prior employers to get a 'reference' for a potential  'new hire'.   That stopped working because the 'new hires' started suing their former employers for what they told the HR people where they applied.  So, the HR Weenies started to use  your Credit Score !    Just think how lame that is for a minute.   Recently - these geniuses flocked to looking at FB as a form of  'due diligence'  in hiring people.   I'm just worried they'll  get my report card from when I was in Junior High.  Worse, ask my old bus driver if I was 'respectful'.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I was on FarceBook several years ago.  Probably took 5 or 6 months before I realized it was like swimming in a cesspool.  Got off, tried to delete everything.  Wouldn't even think of Twitter. 

Human Resources weenies -  Employment 'professionals'  use to call prior employers to get a 'reference' for a potential  'new hire'.   That stopped working because the 'new hires' started suing their former employers for what they told the HR people where they applied.  So, the HR Weenies started to use  your Credit Score !    Just think how lame that is for a minute.   Recently - these geniuses flocked to looking at FB as a form of  'due diligence'  in hiring people.   I'm just worried they'll  get my report card from when I was in Junior High.  Worse, ask my old bus driver if I was 'respectful'.     

Facebook has changed..  it's not what it was intended.   It's like everyone with an account is a political scientist..   honestly if it wasn't for the small collection of people I keep in touch with, I'd never login to it.  Twitter is a non starter for me from the get go..   just more social poisoning.

14 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

This is not new.  Are you retired?

"Employers continue to monitor employees’ online presence even after they’re hired. Nearly half of employers (48 percent) say they use social networking sites to research current employees— 10 percent do it daily. Further, a third of employers (34 percent) have found content online that caused them to reprimand or fire an employee."

https://www.careerbuilder.com/advice/not-getting-job-offers-your-social-media-could-be-the-reason

I'm self employed. I beat my employees mercilessly to keep them in line,not spy on them.

46 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'm just glad HBO  canned  "Gone With The Wind".    If only they'll get rid of that Nazi promoting move "The Sound of Music". 

Next they will burning books.  You're probably OK with that too. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Next they will burning books.  You're probably OK with that too. 

WHOA !   That was sarcasm.  Sorry if it was too 'real'.      Maybe I should have suggested  deleting   Mary Poppins or Polyanna due to a lack of Diversity.  .   Of course I'm opposed to the Banning, Firing, and  Virtue Signaling.