Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gibson

John Cruz got canned at Fender

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I was on FarceBook several years ago.  Probably took 5 or 6 months before I realized it was like swimming in a cesspool.  Got off, tried to delete everything.  Wouldn't even think of Twitter. 

Human Resources weenies -  Employment 'professionals'  use to call prior employers to get a 'reference' for a potential  'new hire'.   That stopped working because the 'new hires' started suing their former employers for what they told the HR people where they applied.  So, the HR Weenies started to use  your Credit Score !    Just think how lame that is for a minute.   Recently - these geniuses flocked to looking at FB as a form of  'due diligence'  in hiring people.   I'm just worried they'll  get my report card from when I was in Junior High.  Worse, ask my old bus driver if I was 'respectful'.     

Facebook has changed..  it's not what it was intended.   It's like everyone with an account is a political scientist..   honestly if it wasn't for the small collection of people I keep in touch with, I'd never login to it.  Twitter is a non starter for me from the get go..   just more social poisoning.

14 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

This is not new.  Are you retired?

"Employers continue to monitor employees’ online presence even after they’re hired. Nearly half of employers (48 percent) say they use social networking sites to research current employees— 10 percent do it daily. Further, a third of employers (34 percent) have found content online that caused them to reprimand or fire an employee."

https://www.careerbuilder.com/advice/not-getting-job-offers-your-social-media-could-be-the-reason

I'm self employed. I beat my employees mercilessly to keep them in line,not spy on them.

Fun fact:

"Facebook" aka "The Facebook" aka "The Harvard Connection" was originally intended as a dating app for ivy league students. 

• Sad 1

To put things in context a little better....

Fender had just posted this:

Screenshot-20200611-161144.png

And a day or 2 later, one of their master builders is on his Facebook (which identifies him as a Fender employee) posting that meme.  But as far as we know, Fender didn't even know about it until one of their customers made a post directed to John Cruz (not FMIC).  Other customers noticed it and the thing went viral.

That is bad bad press for Fender at a time when they just lost a sh-t ton of sales due to a global pandemic.  None of this is the fault of FMIC.  They have a board of directors and they are running a business, not a blog. 

• Sad 1

I'm just glad HBO  canned  "Gone With The Wind".    If only they'll get rid of that Nazi promoting move "The Sound of Music". 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'm just glad HBO  canned  "Gone With The Wind".    If only they'll get rid of that Nazi promoting move "The Sound of Music". 

Next they will burning books.  You're probably OK with that too. 

• Confused 1

You guys just had to turn it stupid didn't you? Can't you take that to the billion of other websites where it is welcome?

Edited by Big Bill

40 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Next they will burning books.  You're probably OK with that too. 

WHOA !   That was sarcasm.  Sorry if it was too 'real'.      Maybe I should have suggested  deleting   Mary Poppins or Polyanna due to a lack of Diversity.  .   Of course I'm opposed to the Banning, Firing, and  Virtue Signaling.   

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

WHOA !   That was sarcasm.  Sorry if it was too 'real'.      Maybe I should have suggested  deleting   Mary Poppins or Polyanna due to a lack of Diversity.  .   Of course I'm opposed to the Banning, Firing, and  Virtue Signaling.   

Sorry, didn't sound like sarcasm.  Glad it was. 

C’mon guys....everyone on the planet is antsy right now. Let’s not stir the sh— stew any more than it’s already stirred. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

C’mon guys....everyone on the planet is antsy right now. Let’s not stir the sh— stew any more than it’s already stirred. 

Or maybe we should stir things up to the point where no one can take the antsiness seriously anymore? 

I want to make it LOUD AND CLEAR that I don't mean to diminsh anyone's pain, including but not limited to George Floyd's relatives, the ones victimized by him, the ones he was victimized by, unnecessary force in an arrest scenario, peaceful protests, looting, me and Sgt. Pepper "beefing" with Ghost of FL... 

C'mon, fellow citizens of Planet Earth. We don't need censorship. We don't need John Cruz fired. We don't need oversensitivity NOR do we need UNDERsensitivity. 

Healthy people find they can't taste their lunch, and the next day they're on a ventilator. What we need now is to pull together as a species - and time and time again, I've found that the answer is not in hashtags. What everyone should do is be a decent person, as an individual. It's perfectly clear that group movements turn into witch hunts. 

They NEVER end well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

Good thing I didn't say anything about the newest country in the world located in downtown Seattle lol

On 6/11/2020 at 10:36 AM, ghost_of_fl said:

"virtual chat" is the future. 

3D+Chat.png

the brunette on the left has a nice rack ...

38 minutes ago, Pinch said:

C'mon, fellow citizens of Planet Earth. We don't need censorship. We don't need John Cruz fired. We don't need oversensitivity NOR do we need UNDERsensitivity. 

Hey man, you're welcome to believe whatever you want (you also have a right not to get your panties in a bunch, but here we are). 

John Cruz DOES have a right to say or post whatever childish crap he wants to. 

FMIC also has a right to let him go if they feel he is not representing the values of the company. 

Don't believe me?  Try to get a hold of his employment contract.  

Don't think FMIC did the right thing even if they had a right to let him go?  Hit them where it hurts.  Start your own musical instruments company and hire John Cruz.  I mean, he is most likely available.  And we will see if you can compete with your employees going all wild-west on Facebook.  🤷‍♂️

I seriously wish you the best with that.  But I can not think of a single successful company that takes that approach.  Maybe there is a reason for that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

22 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

That reminds me - we need to ban that stupid movie FROZEN  too.   

Disney hasn't made a decent amimated movie since about the Aristocats.

Strange, the  first movie an African American actress was awarded an academy award for her work in gets banned.  

Guitar Center also gave Fulltone the boot because Mike Fuller, the founder, complained that the mayor and governor weren't doing enough to protect small business owners from rioters, called them puxx ( you get the idea)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Strange, the  first movie an African American actress was awarded an academy award for her work in gets banned.  

Guitar Center also gave Fulltone the boot because Mike Fuller, the founder, complained that the mayor and governor weren't doing enough to protect small business owners from rioters, called them puxx ( you get the idea)

Guitar Center home to every musician who wants to buy high and sell low.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

I'll support a business, even if it's not a Mom & Pop, if it is music oriented and struggling - and ignore their illogical business decisions as best I can.  But, when they decide to start making political, cultural, human engineering statements,  they'll have to do it without my money. 

• Like 1

Plus 💯

I hope they don't think about touching a film like The Color Purple.  Might be a good time to buy a copy of these films if you ever want to see them again. 

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'll support a business, even if it's not a Mom & Pop, if it is music oriented and struggling - and ignore their illogical business decisions as best I can.  But, when they decide to start making political, cultural, human engineering statements,  they'll have to do it without my money. 

So are you saying individuals loose their  first amendment rights when they become business owners?