Gibson Brands Forums

John Cruz got canned at Fender

Mr. Gibson

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

WHOA !   That was sarcasm.  Sorry if it was too 'real'.      Maybe I should have suggested  deleting   Mary Poppins or Polyanna due to a lack of Diversity.  .   Of course I'm opposed to the Banning, Firing, and  Virtue Signaling.   

Sorry, didn't sound like sarcasm.  Glad it was. 

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

C’mon guys....everyone on the planet is antsy right now. Let’s not stir the sh— stew any more than it’s already stirred. 

Or maybe we should stir things up to the point where no one can take the antsiness seriously anymore? 

I want to make it LOUD AND CLEAR that I don't mean to diminsh anyone's pain, including but not limited to George Floyd's relatives, the ones victimized by him, the ones he was victimized by, unnecessary force in an arrest scenario, peaceful protests, looting, me and Sgt. Pepper "beefing" with Ghost of FL... 

C'mon, fellow citizens of Planet Earth. We don't need censorship. We don't need John Cruz fired. We don't need oversensitivity NOR do we need UNDERsensitivity. 

Healthy people find they can't taste their lunch, and the next day they're on a ventilator. What we need now is to pull together as a species - and time and time again, I've found that the answer is not in hashtags. What everyone should do is be a decent person, as an individual. It's perfectly clear that group movements turn into witch hunts. 

They NEVER end well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

C’mon guys....everyone on the planet is antsy right now. Let’s not stir the sh— stew any more than it’s already stirred. 

Good thing I didn't say anything about the newest country in the world located in downtown Seattle lol

Strange, the  first movie an African American actress was awarded an academy award for her work in gets banned.  

Guitar Center also gave Fulltone the boot because Mike Fuller, the founder, complained that the mayor and governor weren't doing enough to protect small business owners from rioters, called them puxx ( you get the idea)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Strange, the  first movie an African American actress was awarded an academy award for her work in gets banned.  

Guitar Center also gave Fulltone the boot because Mike Fuller, the founder, complained that the mayor and governor weren't doing enough to protect small business owners from rioters, called them puxx ( you get the idea)

Guitar Center home to every musician who wants to buy high and sell low.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

I'll support a business, even if it's not a Mom & Pop, if it is music oriented and struggling - and ignore their illogical business decisions as best I can.  But, when they decide to start making political, cultural, human engineering statements,  they'll have to do it without my money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'll support a business, even if it's not a Mom & Pop, if it is music oriented and struggling - and ignore their illogical business decisions as best I can.  But, when they decide to start making political, cultural, human engineering statements,  they'll have to do it without my money. 

So are you saying individuals loose their  first amendment rights when they become business owners? 

5 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

So are you saying individuals loose their  first amendment rights when they become business owners? 

jaxson,  Nope. I'm not saying individuals lose their 1st Amendment rights when they become business owners.   I'm saying I won't do business with CORPORATIONS that think individuals  lose  their 1st Amendment rights when they become employees.  Or Suppliers. Or Customers.   Yeah, employee contracts and handbooks, and  Right To Work laws   mean Fender and GC did nothing 'illegal'  But neither had to do what they did.  Yes, they had the right.  You can't yell 'Fire'  in a crowded theater and you can't  say anything your employer doesn't like in a forum where it reflects on his business.  Fender and GC chose to be politically correct.   I miss the good old days when we had the right to be politically incorrect.