Gibson Brands Forums

Those 'End Of The World' Shows

solacematt

Anyone else watch these shows with the supposed 'prophecies of Nostradomus,' and such. My dad would have me watch them when I was a kid and it was seriously the scraiest sh!t I had ever seen, it still kind of is really. It seems like every time I see a new one every few years they change when 'The End Of The World' is going to be. For years it was supposedly 9.9.99, and than 2002, and tgan 2007, and now they say 2012. I mean seriously, are they just making this stuff up?

The funniest "end of the world" show that I've ever seen on TV, was actually a movie called The Day After Tomorrow. If you haven't seen this bit of tripe, I would suggest skipping it. The premise of the movie is that Dennis Quaid, playing a climatologist is trying to save the world from an ice age caused by man made global warming. The earth is SUDDENLY being destroyed by global warming...it's a really stupid movie. My 13 year old daughter saw the movie in school. Her "science" teacher (and I use that term loosely) used the movie to teach the class about the immediate danger of man made global warming. If it wasn't being taught as real science, I'd be laughing about it more...

Archived