Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Pics


LarryUK
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've just spent ages getting a photo small enough to post and now it tells me I've got too much content. All I've got in my attachment folder is 6 pics. 

What a stupid site. How do you delete the old content to post new and why can you only post so little? No wonder this site gets fewer users all the time. 

It's the hurdles you have to jump over to post something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, LarryUK said:

I've just spent ages getting a photo small enough to post and now it tells me I've got too much content. All I've got in my attachment folder is 6 pics. 

What a stupid site. How do you delete the old content to post new and why can you only post so little? No wonder this site gets fewer users all the time. 

It's the hurdles you have to jump over to post something. 

Use Imgur.  Upload your photo to Imgur, cut the the link on the right that says BBCode and paste it in your post. Easy. Here is a very nice album I like to listen to posted from that site.

c042Bly.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh? I stuck a picture into the Almost Normal Band Life thread the other day by just copying and pasting it straight from Facebook - no imgur or anything else requiring up or down loading. If it was any more difficult than copy and paste I wouldn't even bother, but it worked fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I send Polaroids to ksdaddy.  He takes them to FotoMat and they mimeograph them so he can take them to Grants for conversion to slides.  Then he projects them and takes a picture of the slides with his iFone.

rct

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rct said:

I send Polaroids to ksdaddy.  He takes them to FotoMat and they mimeograph them so he can take them to Grants for conversion to slides.  Then he projects them and takes a picture of the slides with his iFone.

rct

that explains some prior to unknown artifacts that tend to show up in some of your threads..   exhausting isnt it?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rct said:

I send Polaroids to ksdaddy.  He takes them to FotoMat and they mimeograph them so he can take them to Grants for conversion to slides.  Then he projects them and takes a picture of the slides with his iFone.

rct

Us your Polarhoid next time and save some time. Not your hemorrhoid, but that camera thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rct said:

I send Polaroids to ksdaddy.  He takes them to FotoMat and they mimeograph them so he can take them to Grants for conversion to slides.  Then he projects them and takes a picture of the slides with his iFone.

rct

We still have a micro-phish reader at work. Those are low tech to the n'th degree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We still have a micro-phish reader at work. Those are low tech to the n'th degree.

 

When I left in 2019 I had to make sure my card reader, PUNCH card reader, went back in inventory.  And the three mag tape units I had for a system that hasn't existed for over...dozen years now.  lolz

rct

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2020 at 7:42 AM, kidblast said:

I use FB too,  I just upload and I keep the photo private

Open the photo once in facebook

Right click and "Copy image link"

use the "Insert other media" tool in the new post edit window.

Change https to http..   and there ya go...

89852866_10213849687755882_5311320252322

That seems like the same amount of steps I use to upload from Imugr.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2020 at 6:49 AM, rct said:

I send Polaroids to ksdaddy.  He takes them to FotoMat and they mimeograph them so he can take them to Grants for conversion to slides.  Then he projects them and takes a picture of the slides with his iFone.

rct

Haha, I was laughing at that, That sounds easier than what I went through in the past. Before the forum changed. I have no idea  now, What works for me best is to send Rob, (Digger) for those who don't know who Rob is, a photo on Email,  and he puts it where I tell him LOL.  Works every time! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Retired said:

Haha, I was laughing at that, That sounds easier than what I went through in the past. Before the forum changed. I have no idea  now, What works for me best is to send Rob, (Digger) for those who don't know who Rob is, a photo on Email,  and he puts it where I tell him LOL.  Works every time! 

You're working smarter not harder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You're working smarter not harder.

My wife has a Masters in computers, she can't figure it out and I asked her several times. My son is better but not as easy to get to him to look at it.  I used to be able to post photos off Photo Bucket and have Imgur now, but I cant get in to it. I can see a photo of my guitars but it stops there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Retired said:

My wife has a Masters in computers, she can't figure it out and I asked her several times. My son is better but not as easy to get to him to look at it.  I used to be able to post photos off Photo Bucket and have Imgur now, but I cant get in to it. I can see a photo of my guitars but it stops there. 

Maybe when she gets her Ph.d she can get it sorted out.

I have a Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts and I can do it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Maybe when she gets her Ph.d she can get it sorted out.

I have a Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts and I can do it.

I'm sure I can do it with a little help from Deb. She just needs to take the time to do it. She is really smart, Straight A student through schools and college. Me? Just not in to electronics. I told her before I die, I'm taking my computer and cell phone to the target range and see how many pieces I can shoot it in. Haha, That got a response!  "Oh No You're  Not!" I'm getting a Epiphone Riviera for my past 67th Birthday last April.  I'd like to post photos so I need to learn quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...