Gibson Brands Forums

Blue Chip Picks

Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you get them you will take care of them and keep track of them. I own 2 now. Just don't take them out of the house. Now the clear acrylic ones from V-Picks. Drop one on the floor and spend 10 mins looking for it. But those are only $5.

Gotta have one in my pocket at all times.  the cruxt of my issues. 

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have a few. They kick my a-ss.

I had to find the right ones,   the less "pick" that is visible, the better.

Fred Kelly Slick Picks (light) seem to work pretty good for me, the Pro Pick (small one) works great.  totally adjustable.  I'm finding it very useful.

this one: https://pro-pik.com/collections/thumbpicks/products/propik®-metal-plastic-thumbpick

those Dunlops jobbies are just horrible for me, I think I could chop ice with those babies.

15 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

When I began learning fingerstyle I used a thumbpick from day one.

But most of my acoustic work these days is on nylon strung guitars so I seldom use them anymore.

I want a nylon string guitar.

22 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

A nylon string guitar is far down the list of wants.  What do you feel it brings to the table that everyone should have one?

It is another flavor. Listen to  this guy he's pretty good. I was in the second row when I saw him.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

55 minutes ago, kidblast said:

like Sarge says, different animal entirely.  if you've never played one, you won't get it till you to.

It's not even played or approached the same way,  otherwise, ya aint doin it right.

Segovia could make a classical guitar his be-i-itch.

He rocked some killer power chords on Suite in D minor.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, kidblast said:

google Sharon Isbin

She is better looking than Segovia.

She good.

I'm proud of myself when I can use 2 fingers on my picking hand. 3 and I fumble.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

She is better looking than Segovia.

She good.

I'm proud of myself when I can use 2 fingers on my picking hand. 3 and I fumble.

she's VERY good and yes, she is gorgeous.

I went to see Julian Bream a few years ago, when he was still touring the US.    That guy was amazing.  I have to say, I've never seen anything like  that before.   It took me about a week to find the top of my head.   When he did his last encore (I think he did 3)  I am not ashamed to say I was in tears.

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Rudi,   That was beautiful.  I can't think of a more appropriate single word to describe it.  A perfect example of how music can lift our souls.  True artistry.   Thanks!  Jim

Jim, thank you for the best feedback I ever got in 50 years! Glad it reached you man.