Gibson Brands Forums

I think my es175 is a 2012 ?

PierreL

On 6/13/2020 at 11:36 AM, PierreL said:

The serial number is 10622701.      Is it a 2012?     Model    ES75VSNH1.      not sure what the  means VS  means?    I know the 1 means good quality, NH means nickel hardware

Yep a 2012. Stamped on the 62nd day of the year. March 3rd.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:36 AM, PierreL said:

The serial number is 10622701.      Is it a 2012?     Model    ES75VSNH1.      not sure what the  means VS  means?    I know the 1 means good quality, NH means nickel hardware

NH does not mean Nickel Hardware.  N is for nickel hardware, H is for a stop tail.  I'm guessing the H is literally for hardtail.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, badbluesplayer said:

I think NH does mean nickel hardware.  Not that my memory is any good or anything.

No, NH definitely does not mean nickel hardware.  N is for nickel hardware, but the H is not for hardware, it has to do with the bridge/tailstock.  That is widely believed and misstated, but not true.  That misinterpretation  probably came from Les Paul circles where there is rarely anything other than a hardtail.   All you need for proof is look at any Gibson model number for a guitar that has anything other than a hardtail.  Floyd I believe has an F there.  I know Maestros has an M there.  Totally disproves the H is for hardware.  That's hard proof, not a belief.

1 hour ago, Wmachine said:

No, NH definitely does not mean nickel hardware.  N is for nickel hardware, but the H is not for hardware, it has to do with the bridge/tailstock.  That is widely believed and misstated, but not true.  That misinterpretation  probably came from Les Paul circles where there is rarely anything other than a hardtail.   All you need for proof is look at any Gibson model number for a guitar that has anything other than a hardtail.  Floyd I believe has an F there.  I know Maestros has an M there.  Totally disproves the H is for hardware.  That's hard proof, not a belief.

K

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 7:58 AM, Wmachine said:

What you're saying seems more logical.  I'm going to have to remember that.