Gibson Brands Forums

Returning after a long break

GerryC

Used to be member a long time back, so long ago I have forgotten my old user name and password LOL. Had an Epiphone By Gibson Samick Sheraton followed by several Gibsons : Les Paul Standard followed by a GT, Blond ES135 Limited Edition and the last Gibson was an ES165 Herb Ellis and then I left the fold. Many guitars and years later I have almost come full circle with a Natural Epiphone Sheraton 2 Pro arriving. On that basis I thought I would drop back in and say hello again.

Gerry

6 minutes ago, Retired said:

Welcome back Gerry. Not sure if I remember? I joined February- 15-2015. 

It was long before then and I am not sure if my user name was Gerry or Quietly as I have used both over the years LOL. Plus my email has changed about three times and as far as passwords go heaven only knows what that was. Bottom line its quite refreshing being an old Newbie. Many thanks for the welcome back. Are Boards in general much more quiet or is it me?

Gerry

18 minutes ago, GerryC said:

It was long before then and I am not sure if my user name was Gerry or Quietly as I have used both over the years LOL. Plus my email has changed about three times and as far as passwords go heaven only knows what that was. Bottom line its quite refreshing being an old Newbie. Many thanks for the welcome back. Are Boards in general much more quiet or is it me?

Gerry

Ok, When I joined, the forum was probably the same as your time?  You have Epiphone's as you say so probably spent time in the Epiphone Lounge?  The Gibson Lounge has new faces or at least to me. Many of the older guys are still on it although they seem to pop in and out. Some claim it a bit boring.  They don't need to be on it every day.  Many have left it for good after the change to what it is today. Seems to be just a handful of guys on the Epiphone Lounge now.  Overall it's more quiet than what it was. I heard, before I joined, that many arguments and bans took place. Thats pretty much changed for the better with restrictions. No Politics and such allowed.  I gained a few friends aboard over the years so I'm still here. 

6 hours ago, Retired said:

Ok, When I joined, the forum was probably the same as your time?  You have Epiphone's as you say so probably spent time in the Epiphone Lounge?  The Gibson Lounge has new faces or at least to me. Many of the older guys are still on it although they seem to pop in and out. Some claim it a bit boring.  They don't need to be on it every day.  Many have left it for good after the change to what it is today. Seems to be just a handful of guys on the Epiphone Lounge now.  Overall it's more quiet than what it was. I heard, before I joined, that many arguments and bans took place. Thats pretty much changed for the better with restrictions. No Politics and such allowed.  I gained a few friends aboard over the years so I'm still here. 

Only one Epiphone but you could be right and I think all forums have pretty much gone the same way. Just surviving deserves some credit and let´s be honest Gibson has sailed through some rough weather over recent years. Onwards and upwards as they say.

3 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

Welcome back.  Enjoy your stay.

Many thanks tx,