Gibson Brands Forums

America... when are you going to wake up?

Californiaman

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

The speaker of the House told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants recently that enforcement of immigration laws in the United States is "un-American."

By William Lajeunesse

FOXNews.com

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

Referring to work site enforcement actions by ICE agents, Pelosi said, "We have to have a change in policy and practice and again ... I can't say enough, the raids must end. The raids must end.

"You are special people. You're here on a Saturday night to take responsibility for our country's future. That makes you very, very patriotic."

"I was embarrassed by what she said," said Rick Oltman, with Californians for Population Stabilization, an anti-illegal immigrant group. "Exhorting illegal aliens for taking responsibility for our country's future.... In fact, sitting there in the audience.... I really resented that comment."

"I think it was pandering to the crowd but also insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.

I agree, we should stop tearing the families apart... illegal immigrants should not be separated from their families... and all that.

But, I have an alternative solution to the idea of not raiding known illegal immigrants at any place they can be found.

I suggest that when illegal immigrants are being deported, deport their families with them, after all, they are committing a crime themselves (if they are legal themselves) by harboring an illegal alien, and if they are not legal, what is the question anyway?

I agree' date=' we should stop tearing the families apart... illegal immigrants should not be separated from their families... and all that.

But, I have an alternative solution to the idea of not raiding known illegal immigrants at any place they can be found.

I suggest that when illegal immigrants are being deported, deport their families with them, after all, they are committing a crime themselves (if they are legal themselves) by harboring an illegal alien, and if they are not legal, what is the question anyway?[/quote']

When the "legal" immigrant is only a few weeks old, it is kinda hard to accuse them of harboring an illegal alien.

I'm torn on this issue. I fully agree that anyone born on U.S. soil is a U.S. citizen, but there's a huge loophole there that's being exploited...........

If you are illegally in this country, and arrested for being the criminal you are, and deported without so much as a handshake, THAT is when sanity will begin to return to this nation.

If you are deported, and you leave a family behind - it's your own damned fault.

There's not a single law on the books preventing you from taking your family back to Mexico with you.

To be lawful, moral, ethical, responsible and accountable for the well-being of your family is Job One.

If you can't do that, I don't want your sorry *** in my nation anyway - regardless of where you were born.

The idea that I will get weepy and squishy over a baby being a few weeks old is bullsh!t.

Commit rape, robbery, carjacking, assault, whatever - think the cops give a sh!t about the family YOU just placed in peril?

Not my problem, not the problem of any American citizen, and DAMNED sure not the problem of the gov't.

...The speaker' date=' condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."...

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."...

[/quote']

What a do-do head! I guess that Nancy's and my definition of patriotism are somewhat different.

I thought that it was against the law to practice politics in a church...

As has been stated, I'm all for keeping the families together. Deport them all and let them come here LEGALLY.

I'm just upset at the entire mess.

First' date=' Speaker Nancy was practicing politics in a church.

Second, she managed to slap every American citizen in the face.

Third, deport them all.

Fourth, seal the border.

[/quote']

Can we send Pelosi and Daschel with them before we seal the border ???

Pretty please?

You know, if everyone there lived according to the "american values", then it would be unamerican to kick out ilegal immigrants... but it's not that way (I admit it, I would kick them in the face... repeatedly).

After all, you are all immigrants or descend from them, and are supposed to be good people and nice people, and caring for everyone in the world, regardless of them having an insane amount of oil fields or not.

Now we all know that's not true. Most of the people I've met from the US (including most of those in this forum) are very nice people, most of them seem like good people; so I'm not talking about them... but some are giving the good ones a bad name (I've met them in person and on the net).

Which? Well, those that act like a-holes and think the world is theirs for the taking and that everyone should pay them their respects "becasue I am an american" (whatever that means)... in todays world there are no real differences and limits between one country/people and the other... so there's no need to act or feel as if you arethe best thing since the '59 les paul.

In my opinion there should be better ways to stop them from going to any country in an ilegal way. That's it. If you take out the desire to go looking for a "better life" then they will stop going there...

How?

Instead of wasting an insane amount of money on weapons and on waging war against the new evil axis or whatever, you should invest in helping those countries end poverty (right after you end your own poverty problems).

I know for a fact that people from here going ilegally (mainly to spain and italy) are the the poorest and the most ignorant... and I think the same aplies for mexicans going to the states... so maybe your government, having the amount of power and political weight it has over the rest of the world, should just stop aiding other countries UNLESS they prove the money is being used on education and the creation of workplaces (like encouraging local enterprises instead of TAXing them to death).

You know... down here most of the money that comes in from international aid goes to the "president" and his family and friend's pockets.

Wow, I didn't know that musician's felt so strongly about politics and I thought most posts would be from people who support illegals more.

Ha ha ha, I'm so pleased. No, I don't want to break up families. It's tough to know what to do.

But I can't see that we shouldn't be fine companies UP THE BUTT if they employ illegals. I think I'd raid these companies also. And yea, that'd put illegals out of a job and they might have to go back to Mexico and their families wouldn't be as well off, but crap, we have to have SOME limits on immigration.

I don't know.

And while I didn't vote for Obama (I almost did), I do expect him to do real well. He doesn't seem like he is doing well right now, but I'm still hoping. And I think he'll come through. After all, he's an American. =D>

I'm for a pathway to citizenship for those who have been here a long time and lived decent lives -- as have most. I have no problem with tougher border enforcement -- short of letting the Border Klan (ie, Minutemen and such) loose.

Being in this country "illegally" is a misdemeanor, hardly worth supporting packing good people in cattle cars for mass deportation. Now, if they have commited a real crime, that is another story. If they are convicted of a felony, I have no problem with sending them back. But, if not, they deserve a chance to stay.

That is what this country is about -- despite the right wingers that are trying to turn us into something else. Maybe some day when you or someone you love wakes up in nursing home or hospital, you'll thank that Latino who is treating you like a human being despite the fact you have no control over your bodily functions, are drooling all over yourself, etc.

the law needs to be changed so that in order to be a u.s. citizen, both of your parents have to be citizens. no more jumping the border and popping one out and getting on welfare. and there must be a crackdown on companies that hire them.

it is total bullshit that taxpayer dollars are spent on illegal immigrants- schools, medicaid, etc.

and of course, communists like pelosi say "oh this is infringes on their rights." WRONG. unless you are a US citizen, you have no rights under the Constitution.

i am all for immigration. it has made us the best country in the world. but do it the right way.

"Teddy" Roosevelt said something to the degree of "we have to be a nation under one flag, one tounge and one idea"

I think the imigrants should go to school, become educated, join the work force, PAY THEIR TAXES, and enjoy this country.

If not

Then they should be sought out and sent back.

This coutry was made by immigrants but we didnt have all these government programs that help them when they came. It unfair to the rest of united states. I know not everything is fair but if there is something that can be done to make fair it should be done.

"Teddy" Roosevelt said something to the degree of "we have to be a nation under one flag' date=' one tounge and one idea"

I think the imigrants should go to school, become educated, join the work force, PAY THEIR TAXES, and enjoy this country.

If not

Then they should be sought out and sent back.

This coutry was made by immigrants but we didnt have all these government programs that help them when they came. It unfair to the rest of united states. I know not everything is fair but if there is something that can be done to make fair it should be done.[/quote']

It's about borders, culture and language. We're not Europe for gawd's sake!

I have no problem with tougher border enforcement -- short of letting the Border Klan (ie' date=' Minutemen and such) loose. [/quote']

What's the problem with the Minutemen?

They're simply doing jobs Americans won't do.

:-)

Oh, and it's a job I do every chance I get.

How do you like me now?

Being in this country "illegally" is a misdemeanor' date=' hardly worth supporting packing good people in cattle cars for mass deportation. [/quote']

Bullsh!t.

Violating the soveriegn border of a nation is easily considered an act of war, at least an act of terrorism, and much more than a petty crime.

I can name DOZENS of nations around the world who will kill you at the drop of a hat for trying.

One of them is Mexico - try getting in from Guatamala and see what fate awaits you.

No, seriously Hoyt....

You, Homz and any of the other 'one world/group hug' idiots who think 20 million illegals in the US are treated unfairly here, citing their hardships and admonishing all of us to walk in their shoes - YOU try it.

Now' date=' if they have commited a real crime, that is another story. If they are convicted of a felony, I have no problem with sending them back. But, if not, they deserve a chance to stay. [/quote']

The first breath they take on the American side of the border is a crime, as is everything else they do.

That is what this country is about -- despite the right wingers that are trying to turn us into something else.

This Right-Winger is trying to turn us into what we were when this nation was created and was succeeding in everything we pursued. It's the "progress" over the last 40 years that has reduced us to the world's whipping boy/laughingstock.

Maybe some day when you or someone you love wakes up in nursing home or hospital' date=' you'll thank that Latino who is treating you like a human being despite the fact you have no control over your bodily functions' date=' are drooling all over yourself, etc. [/quote'']

Hmmm....

Nice try to tug at the heartstrings.

That only works on pudding-brained Liberals who check their logic at the door.

I've dated several Latina women over the years, been good friends with many Latino men.

I work with dozens now.

Never had an issue with race or culture, they're great people.

If I'm in the care home as you describe and the caregiver you describe is illegal - I'll find the strength to beat the sh!t out of every family member responsible for putting me there.

Hoyt, do you ALWAYS waste so much energy and intellectual effort when you type?

I have a small feeling about this subject' date=' yes we need to stop tearing the family's apart; send them all back home. Family here illegally, no visa, no work permit, no rights don't care who was born where. Too many people feeling for these poor people who crossed the border illegally and don't give a damn about those who are here legally living in the United States and served in our Military; Vietnam Vets, Gulf war Vets and they are now homeless and living in the streets; like our [b']U.S. Homeless VETERANS[/b]!

[-o<

you can read my mind?

served in our Military; Vietnam Vets' date=' Gulf war Vets [/quote']

I'm not the only one here who thinks our Vets should be first in line anywhere they go?

I've always felt that one Vet in need of medical care trumps millions who are 'uninsured.'

If there are 100 people in line at the DMV or the movie theater, any Vet should be given first service.

Next in line, or right beside them should be our elderly.

Kids?

That's the responsibility of the parents, and notice there's an 's' on the end of that word. There are ALWAYS two.

Illegals?

Cuff 'em, stuff 'em, cattle-car 'em all the way to the Capitol City of their country of origin - let THEIR gov't handle 'em.

Hmmm....

Nice try to tug at the heartstrings.

That only works on pudding-brained Liberals who check their logic at the door.

I've dated several Latina women over the years' date=' been good friends with many Latino men.

I work with dozens now.

Never had an issue with race or culture, they're great people.

If I'm in the care home as you describe and the caregiver you describe is illegal - I'll find the strength to beat the sh!t out of every family member responsible for putting me there.

Hoyt, do you ALWAYS waste so much energy and intellectual effort when you type?

[/quote']

Neanderthal , glad to see you read my entire post. Maybe you will learn something. God knows you need to.

I sometimes get down hearted.

Despair all around me.

American's second class citizens in our own country.

Our politicians selling off our sovereignty.

There's an apathetic attitude that's taken root.

That's OK as long as it doesn't effect me,

I can turn my head and look the other way.

No one wants more than mediocrity.

How will it all end?

At the end of an unemployment line.

Waiting for another entitlement

A handout for the aliens?

For them, social welfare because we're told

we couldn't live a day without them.

Couldn't send someone else into the fields,

the kitchen, or construction sight.

And they keep coming.

We round them up and ship them back

and they keep coming.

And they bring their families.

In search of freedom and a livable wage.

For a shot at the lottery,

a cold budweiser and an old run down car.

Just to lose it at a DUI check point.

I worked in a factory for two years,

at least that what I was told

when the social security people sent me a letter.

My wallet was stolen along with everything in it.

And they keep coming.

Looking for a handout.

Waiting for a paycheck

And yard to clean.

I'm about to lose my mind.

Gotta be a better place.

I'm not about to look behind.

See the anger on my face.

C-Man, where did all that come from?

Neanderthal ' date=' glad to see you read my entire post. Maybe you will learn something. God knows you need to. [/quote']

Neanderthal?

Glad you made the connection at last!

Ah yes, you pseudo-intellectuals dismiss me as nothing more than a mere zoological curiosity, a relic from a past era.

You're starting to understand where the whole NeoConMan stage name came from....

Maybe YOU will learn something - even from me.

Not what you had in mind is it?

The thing is, I've made substantial efforts to see all sides of an argument to better understand the motivation of my foe.

You?

Well, you cite the influence of God, that's a start...

You could never be bothered to stoop to such levels where the rest of us mere air-breathing mortals reside...

You know what you know, nothing else matters, you have ZERO intellectual honesty as a motivator to change it.

Like a dirt-worshipping/loin cloth-wearing savage you resist all you cannot understand.

I've listened to your side of things for over 40 years and still find it to be nothing but smoke and mirrors.

The real world can be a scary place indeed for the unprepared...

There’s things that I want There’s things I need

It’s more than I thought

You know, you’d better believe.

I feel it’s not what you’ve got

But what you’re givin’ that means so much

Life’s beautiful and life sucks

Hey, if you like it or not…

So what? That’s all we’ve got

Who cares? You’re telling everybody that the world’s unfair

Well, so what? So what?

That’s life. It’s time to get real, it’s not paradise

Well, so what? So what?

What if you got all of your dreams?

But then, what if it’s not everything

That you always thought that it was gonna be?

So what? Life’s beautiful and life sucks

Hey, if you like it or not

So what, that’s all we got

Archived