Gibson Brands Forums

Rory.

pippy

I'm still in the process of rediscovering Rory. I got a few of his albums on vinyl when they first came out, but they've been in storage for over 25  years now. I just received his Irish Tour '74 and European Tour (took two months to arrive from England) CDs. His live playing was insane!

31 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I'm still in the process of rediscovering Rory. I got a few of his albums on vinyl when they first came out, but they've been in storage for over 25  years now. I just received his Irish Tour '74 and European Tour (took two months to arrive from England) CDs. His live playing was insane!

There is a deluxe edition on CD, hope you got that one.👍

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

29 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I wish I had, but it was not offered on amazon.

I have it on my external hard drive where all my music is. I never knew how good he was till I saw a  performance of him on one of those Montreaux Jazz Festival DVD's.  He made me want to stop playing immediately.

Pure genius. It was 25 years ago this week that Rory passed away.

There's a chap from the Isle of Man called Davy Knowles who play a bit like Rory, here he is doing a cover of Million Miles Away (complete with look alike Strat) :

• Like 1

As luck would have it, our bassist posted this new interview up this morning. Its mostly about Rory being approached to replace Mick Taylor in Rolling Stones.

https://www.eonmusic.co.uk/donal-gallagher-rory-gallagher-eonmusic-interview-june-2020.html?fbclid=IwAR2bt-3_VfbtnYV5StKiu2l8xWk4Uf2U64fgNuJhjUY_UpT8WJJRSKSF_kU

• Like 1