Gibson Brands Forums

J45 Battery removal

stevejay

Hey Everyone, 

I have a Gibson J45 that was manufactured before Gibson began using the velcro pouch to hold the battery. Instead there's a clasp of sorts holding the 9v battery. How do I remove the battery? Should I just slide or pull it? It seems pretty secure and I don't want to pull too hard and damage anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

IMG_8451.jpg

Edited by stevejay

Thank you for the responses everyone! It was really suck in there but I was able to jimmy it out by sliding a credit card between the clasp and the battery. 

I know 9 volts are pretty standard in acoustic guitars with built a built in pickup, but it's kind of crazy considering how prone those batteries are to leaking. Just a reminder to swap them out regularly!

13 minutes ago, stevejay said:

Thank you for the responses everyone! It was really suck in there but I was able to jimmy it out by sliding a credit card between the clasp and the battery. 

I know 9 volts are pretty standard in acoustic guitars with built a built in pickup, but it's kind of crazy considering how prone those batteries are to leaking. Just a reminder to swap them out regularly!

Let's keep acoustics just that acoustic.

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You can do yourself? I'm not that limber.

Man can anyone take a joke in here?

Well you know Sarge,, I  am pretty agile, but I'm not a big dude,,...  We tend to be able to get out of the way quicker...  and I can take em as well dish em out,  should have added smiley or something.. would that have helped?????  Like this? 🙂

10 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Well you know Sarge,, I  am pretty agile, but I'm not a big dude,,...  We tend to be able to get out of the way quicker...  and I can take em as well dish em out,  should have added smiley or something.. would that have helped?????  Like this? 🙂

I know you can, but many have a stick up sideways.

I don't do imogi's except this one 👍 and is used usually when someone posts a new axe.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know you can, but many have a stick up sideways.

I don't do imogi's except this one 👍 and is used usually when someone posts a new axe.

yea  I know man, I aint one of them, neither are you.  it's all good... 

Check out the 'battery removal device' on the new Brad Clark Supernatural pickup - halfway down the linked page:

https://rguitars.co.uk/blogs/news/clark-supernatural-preamp-available-exclusively-with-auden-guitars

I saw a thread somewhere where a guy takes his batteries out of acoustics with a kitchen tong with his guitar strings still tight, so I bought a small tong but it needs to be bent! ) No good...Don't work! But the Brad Clark device looks good.

BluesKing777.