Gibson Brands Forums

Do you love your tone?

Bluemoon

I tend to use a lot of effects (Wah, Talk Box, Digitech RP50, ect, ect...ect), but I think my overall tone (w/out effects) is pretty decent. Here's what I sound like with the basics (Epi LP, Marshall DSL 401 Super Lead Combo)

I apologize ahead of time, for the sound quality, I recorded this with my POS computer, and a brand new set of strings. Enjoy!:P/ http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/patches/RP50/ziggystardust.mp3

I am vary happy with my tone but selected satisfied as I play around with different amp settings and if I find a better one I will start to use that.

Ex: I lowered the treble on the amp and thought I liked it until later on I noticed I had lost some bite with the bridge pickup even with the guitar tone knob on 10. The amp's treble went back to where it used to be at.

For the most part, I really like the tone I get through my B52. I love the tone of my LP and it sounds awsome thought the B52, but I sometimes think this amp was really made for a Strat. I know it's not a boutique amp, but IMO it can sound just as good as some of the big names.

I just picked "Satisfied" because I don't know if I'll ever get my perfect tone. But for now, the tone I can get with my LP Studio and my B52 is good enough to keep me plenty satisfied.

i voted very satisfied. at least i think i am. my experience with my LP Trad. is still in its infancy and i've only changed the caps so far but to me it sounds amazing clean and dirty. playing around nashville the guys i work with play everything form Buck owens and Johnny Cash to Bad company and STP and i really dig the LP vibe on all this. i hope to post some audio clips in the near future

I had my Strat in the shop for a couple of week (tech had trouble getting a part - long story) and I normally bring just that guitar to band rehearsal as it covers all the bases of what we do. So, I brought my LP to the past two rehearsals and, man, that thing just RIPPED. It doesn't cut it for some of the songs we do which is why I bring the Strat but I might have to start hauling two guitars with me in the future.

I voted "satisfied," but I'm always looking/trying to improve it. More, from my playing, than any "gear."

With gear, I find I seem to go back and forth, between various guitars, and pedals...depending on mood, and

what type of music, I'm playing. But, it's fun "searching!"

CB

a Fender Bassman 135 from the 1970's running through a Ampeg from 1970's.

Treble 10

Mid 8

Bass 7

Its pretty nice Very think distorted sound but still very clear for dynamic bass playing.

I play a Fender Jazz Bass (2006) with a S-1 switch

crossroadsync,

Yes, it makes sense. I think I understand what your getting at. I admire, Eric Johnson a lot, Stevie R Vaughan, Eric Clapton, and even Steve Vai. I think you're right about a new pedal. I was looking at maybe even a new amp. This one sounds terribly "tinny". A Twin, perhaps? And, yes, both pedals lack bottom end. A Ibanez Jemini maybe? Thanks.

Archived